Sign in to follow this  
coolfishboy

List..again

So what do you all think? I can near enough have enough ships for anything, so what should I put with my A-wing?

I'd take a green squadron to be honest. This saves you 7 points, with 7 points you can take Dutch and have 2 points left to upgrade something.

Ion at high pilot skill gives you better planning when you hit something, after that you make better predictions and target selections, also Dutch will buff the B-wings, focused and locked B-wings at range 1 make opponents squeel in fear. 

Or just take a HLC on a B-wing, or do 2 advanced sensors and a R2 unit or something.

The green wing does not lose much to Tycho, when stressed you still cannot make k-turns, also with tycho you invest an awful lot into a 2 attack ship.

I love the A-wings, but the characters are just a bit lackluster.

This looks better, double team the regular B with the Y and let the advanced B move around a bit more getting into a better position, the green can just start messing with the opponent by outflanking trying to get in the rear of a formation.

I wanted to try getting a competitive list with A-wings too and came up with this (currently the best working version with multible A-wings):

3x A-wing + PTL + Concussive Missile

1x B-wing

Consider dropping the r2 on the y wing and stealth on the a wing, and spend those 4 points on a missile instead. The a wing is a low priority target, so stealth device isn't that useful on it. The y wing already has a turret, so green moves aren't as big a deal.

Concussion missile gets you 3-4 hits in the first round with PtL though, nothing to sneeze at.

Oh what I would give for 3pt missile, perhaps one day

Not sure what you'd get for a 3 point missile.  I'm looking for the "missiles all day" option could give an A-Wing an HLC like option for handing out "real" damage with more than a single shot.

Personally, I want to see folks use a Green Squadron as either a Squad Leader or with Swarm Tactics, given how popular Lvl 2 pilots are in tournaments.

Neither of those is all that great on a GSP.  Ok, Swarm Tactics can be ok to continue a change but squad leader is so limited on what it can be used on.  It may give your PS 1 or 2 pilots an action but I think you'd rather the GSP had that action.