Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eyeless1

Utah players

86 posts in this topic

I'm in Lehi and looking for somewhere with games on a weekly basis and close by. Weekends are best.

Boardgame Revolution in Provo/Orem has casual tourneys just about every weekend. Great group there.

It looks like Tuesdays are probably not going to be a good night for me any more so I don't know if I'll ever be able to make it for the league at Game Haven. I might be able to make it infrequently on Tuesdays, but I could probably make it more often on Thursdays.

Is there anyone out there that would be interested in doing league games at Game Haven on Thursdays?

It looks like Tuesdays are probably not going to be a good night for me any more so I don't know if I'll ever be able to make it for the league at Game Haven. I might be able to make it infrequently on Tuesdays, but I could probably make it more often on Thursdays.

Is there anyone out there that would be interested in doing league games at Game Haven on Thursdays?

A couple other people have spoken to me about the same problem, so you're not alone here.  Things are split between Wed and Thurs though, so I think the best thing to do is some of the league players set up a facebook group to coordinate playing on days other than Tuesday.  Shoot me a PM if you want to try using that group and I'll get you the details.

Is the Tuesday night Games Haven (West Jordan) thing still happening. I haven't been yet, but I would like to go tomorrow.

Yeah. We usually have a couple of people show up to play and get a game or two in. I'm planning on being there tonight. Hopefully we will see you there!

Was there a good turnout at GH last night?

Also, I know some people can't make it most Tuesday nights, so we can either use this forum to coordinate playing on an alternate night, or we have a facebook group I can send you an invite to.  PM me for the details on that.

FYI, X-Wing tournament in the Game room at FanXperience Sat April 19, 9:00pm - 11:00 pm. May already be full.

I signed up this afternoon and I was the first one on the list. But who knows how many more people signed up since then.

Edited by annedlrseown

Got this email today

Today at 11:45 AM

Come join us Saturday at 4:00pm for our Star Wars: X-Wing Escalation tournament!

When:  Saturday, 4/26 4:00pm (registration begins at 2:30pm)

Cost: $7.50

Prizes: we have a couple of options including the new prize kit or even a third party acrylic template set! Prize support will depend on the turnout

Tourney mode: Escalation! These are new rules and should be read carefully in the updated tourney rules.

Tournament rules will be observed. You can read them here: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/x-wing/support/faq/X-Wing-Tournament-Rules.pdf

Recap of Escalation Rules:

Players will submit 4 squad lists upon registering:

• A 60 point list
  • A 90 point list. At least 30 points must be the same as the 60 point list
  • A 120 point list. At least 50 Points must be the same as the 90 point list
  • A 150 point list. At least 75 points must be the same as the 120 point list

Tournament Structure will feature Swiss-style pairing, with a number of preliminary rounds and round time as follows:

• Round 1, 45 minutes
  • Round 2, 60 minutes
  • Round 3, 75 minutes
  • Round 4, 90 minutes

Bring your Squad lists (4 lists total) with you or we will have sheets for you to fill out here. Try to come early if you need to fill it out here.

If you have any questions let me know. This will be an exciting event! Looking forward to seeing you all here!

~Kendon 
Boardgame Revolution

Got this email today

Today at 11:45 AM

Come join us Saturday at 4:00pm for our Star Wars: X-Wing Escalation tournament!

When:  Saturday, 4/26 4:00pm (registration begins at 2:30pm)

Cost: $7.50

Prizes: we have a couple of options including the new prize kit or even a third party acrylic template set! Prize support will depend on the turnout

Tourney mode: Escalation! These are new rules and should be read carefully in the updated tourney rules.

Tournament rules will be observed. You can read them here: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/x-wing/support/faq/X-Wing-Tournament-Rules.pdf

Recap of Escalation Rules:

Players will submit 4 squad lists upon registering:

• A 60 point list
  • A 90 point list. At least 30 points must be the same as the 60 point list
  • A 120 point list. At least 50 Points must be the same as the 90 point list
  • A 150 point list. At least 75 points must be the same as the 120 point list

Tournament Structure will feature Swiss-style pairing, with a number of preliminary rounds and round time as follows:

• Round 1, 45 minutes
  • Round 2, 60 minutes
  • Round 3, 75 minutes
  • Round 4, 90 minutes

Bring your Squad lists (4 lists total) with you or we will have sheets for you to fill out here. Try to come early if you need to fill it out here.

If you have any questions let me know. This will be an exciting event! Looking forward to seeing you all here!

~Kendon 
Boardgame Revolution

I really want to go to this. I hope I can make it.

They had a huge turnout for their "Assault on Imdaar Alpha" event, 16+ people and they were expecting to have at least 20.  I decided to not participate, the players that showed all gave me the impression of being super competitive and I just wanted to have fun.

Any information on the pre-release at boardgame revolution in Orem?

there ended up being 18 people, played 4 rounds after a couple people dropped out after round 2 (maybe 3).  1st place was han shoot's first and 2 y's, 2nd place was a double falcon build.

Game Haven Mind Games had a turn out of 6 players.

I tied for first but placed 3rd as my strength of schedule was shot due to my first game against someone who didn't win any games. 

Took home the fancy Z-95 (my first choice)!

Edited by Danath

Game Haven had a turn out of 6 players.

I tied for first but placed 3rd as my strength of schedule was shot due to my first game against someone who didn't win any games. 

Perhaps you mean Mind Games? Game Haven had 16.

Game Haven had a turn out of 6 players.

Perhaps you mean Mind Games? Game Haven had 16.

You are correct. Updated. 

Also Game Night Games had 15 people, i don't know what/who won i left early to get to the boardgame revolution tournament

I am in the area.  I would love to join the groups.  Send me a line and I will be there.

So far, I noticed Dragon's Keep in Orem trying to play every Wednesday.  I will check it out.

I am in the area.  I would love to join the groups.  Send me a line and I will be there.

So far, I noticed Dragon's Keep in Orem trying to play every Wednesday.  I will check it out.

Also every Saturday at the Orem Boardgame Revolution at 4pm. From what I hear there's a tournament on the 14th.

Edited by Explosive Ewok