Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eyeless1

Utah players

86 posts in this topic

Right now we have a standing X-wing night set for every third Tuesday at Game Haven in West Jordan. Our last one was on 2/18 so I think the next one will be on 3/11 at 6:30.

I'm always available at different times too if anyone just wants to meet up at a game store for a random game sometime.

My son and I showed up and played a single game, we were on the end table teaching another guy and his kid how to play. We were going to play in the event but it was going to go too many rounds and I had only three hours sleep plus I ran a Warmachine tourney there earlier that day.

If anyone wants to play Saturdays my son and I are up for some games.

drylndsurf likes this

I also had a lot of fun at the event.  I'm working with GH to schedule a self-organizing weekly league, with one night a month a special event with prizes.  I'll post details in this thread a little later to see what everybody thinks.

My son and I showed up and played a single game, we were on the end table teaching another guy and his kid how to play. We were going to play in the event but it was going to go too many rounds and I had only three hours sleep plus I ran a Warmachine tourney there earlier that day.

If anyone wants to play Saturdays my son and I are up for some games.

I can find a free Saturday every now and then. I'd be up for a game sometime. Feel free to send me a direct message and we can set something up sometime.

If I were to start a Facebook group devoted to X-Wing would anybody be interested? We could use it to meet up for games schedule events and create events.

Just got an e-mail from Boardgame Revolution

Hey X-Wing Players!

Come join us this Saturday, March 1st, at 6pm for a casual X-Wing Miniatures tournament! Buy in will be $5 or less depending on what we decide for prize support (we have several options!) and the amount of people that show up.

This will be good practice before the 2014 Championship we will be holding on March 8th. Invite some friends! And I look forward to seeing all of you Saturday. Check out in the pics below how awesome our last tournament was!

~Kendon
Boardgame Revolution

Here's the pics https://www.facebook.com/BoardgameRevolution/photos_stream

Edited by mephiston x

I'm up in the Bountiful area. usually i travel down to Boardgame Revolution and I have gone to Game Haven in West Jordan, it seems to have the better squads down in provo.  too bad its such a long drive to get there!  if there is anything that is going to be starting this side of SLC i would love to join

Wish I could get down to Boardgame Revolution to play but I'm busy for both the practice session and the store championship.

So here's my idea for a weekly X-Wing league at Game Haven in West Jordan.  We do a 2 month cycle of playing the 6 missions from the rulebooks, with prizes being handed out at the mid point and at the end for whoever has won the most missions as well as who has destroyed the highest number of squad points.  There will be a small entry fee for both the midpoint and end league dates, with participation prizes as well.  The league will be self organizing - just show up, check the Mission Track sheet to see what you haven't won yet and decide with the other players who will play against who.  The tracking sheets will be printed off and kept at the store, but you can see them at BGG if you want a better idea of what I'm proposing: http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/100905/xwmg-rulebook-missions-tracker

If you don't show up to play every week, that's ok, just come as often as you'd like.  How does this sound?

If I were to start a Facebook group devoted to X-Wing would anybody be interested? We could use it to meet up for games schedule events and create events.

i would definitely join. I think that's a great idea. Post a link when you get it up and running.

So here's my idea for a weekly X-Wing league at Game Haven in West Jordan.  We do a 2 month cycle of playing the 6 missions from the rulebooks, with prizes being handed out at the mid point and at the end for whoever has won the most missions as well as who has destroyed the highest number of squad points.  There will be a small entry fee for both the midpoint and end league dates, with participation prizes as well.  The league will be self organizing - just show up, check the Mission Track sheet to see what you haven't won yet and decide with the other players who will play against who.  The tracking sheets will be printed off and kept at the store, but you can see them at BGG if you want a better idea of what I'm proposing: http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/100905/xwmg-rulebook-missions-tracker

If you don't show up to play every week, that's ok, just come as often as you'd like.  How does this sound?

Sounds good to me. Any idea what the fees will be?

I suggested $5, but it will depend on both the participation prizes as well as the winner's prizes.  I recommended they get in touch with http://daftconcepts.com/, a local company who has already produced laser cut acrylic stuff for both X-Wing and Attack Wing.  I think the weekly league would be free to play - it's just the monthly organized play event that would have a fee to cover the prizes.

I suggested $5, but it will depend on both the participation prizes as well as the winner's prizes.  I recommended they get in touch with http://daftconcepts.com/, a local company who has already produced laser cut acrylic stuff for both X-Wing and Attack Wing.  I think the weekly league would be free to play - it's just the monthly organized play event that would have a fee to cover the prizes.

Cool! I would definitely be in. Thursday evening would probably work best for me, but I could make Tuesdays work too.

I've seen those Daft templates and they look pretty sweet.

Here's more details on BR's championship on Sat

Star Wars X-wing Store Championship!

Come join us. We are hosting our 2014 Store Championship for X-Wing this Saturday!

When: Saturday, March 8th at 2:00pm

entry fee: $5

Be sure to bring your squad list. If you come early we will have squad list forms to fill out before the tournament.

We look forward to seeing you here! Invite your friends!

Details on the winnings are in the link below:

~Kendon 
Boardgame Revolution
drylndsurf likes this

Looks like Gamers Asylum in Ogden will start running Xwing events on the 2nd Sunday of the month.

And for those interested they run Attack Wing on the 3rd Sunday of the month.

Glad there are more events being scheduled.

I'll play at GH in West Jordan this Tues at 6:30 and I have a couple new players coming.

Glad there are more events being scheduled.

I'll play at GH in West Jordan this Tues at 6:30 and I have a couple new players coming.

I'm going to try and make it. I will also let some of the other local players know.

Shall we kick off the Xwing league at Game Haven in West Jordan tomorrow night, Tues March 25th?

I'll bring the materials - it should be a simple, self running league for this first go around.  Free to play for each week, but we'll do a monthly special event with a small entry fee and prizes.

We had 7 players for the first week of the league last night and it was a fun time. Hopefully we'll see a few more next week. The league score sheets are in the Star Trek drawer behind the counter, so if you show up to play just ask the employee for the sheets, then don't forget to put them back.

I've had a couple people tell me they'd like an alternate night to Tues - if anybody would prefer another night, let me know and I'll have GH schedule 2 nights a week.

Any tournaments coming up in Utah?  Preferably in/around the Salt Lake area, but willing to travel a bit further to play if needed. 

skyhwk290, there is a decent group that plays at boardgame revolution in orem. they just had a tournament yesterday (sat 29) you can get onto their x wing mailer and get updates about tournaments prizes etc.

SpikeIT, there is a group that plays at Game Night Games in sugarhouse that is the closest to SLC as i know of, other than that there is the league that Ken-Obi is talking about in West Jordan.