Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Castlecruncher

Where are My Space Weasels?!?

29 posts in this topic

So, I was skimming through the article on Jewel of Yavin, and I saw that it was planned to come out in the first quarter of 2014. Seeing this, I checked to see when Suns of Fortune was planned to be released, and to my dismay it said the fourth quarter of 2013. It's already 2014! What's the hold up? Was there a change of plans I don't know of, are they just a bit late, or is something else going on? I want my space rodents!

I want my space rodents!

Weasels aren't rodents, maybe fixing that is why it's late :)

Darn it. I should have known. There goes my knowledge on weasels.

Never trust the articles.  Use the list of Upcoming Games to find out the best release dates given so far.

And where do you find that?

EDIT: Ope! never mind, I found it. January 23rd.

Well, I hate to see a topic just die out. Let's talk about the rodents - oh, my bad, the mammals including a rodent and a near rodent.

Edited by Castlecruncher

That comic never gets old, Maelora (not sarcasm, it always makes me smile).

Edited by kaosoe

Would you prefer the weasels or the hamsters? I'd say weasels (although I prefer to say otters due to their tales), because they have an interesting bee-like society where women rule and men are livestock made to breed. Not saying that that's a perfect society, but it would be interesting to play a race that forces you to be a female. And come on. They're weasels/otters/ferrets. Weasels/otters/ferrets EAT hamsters.

Weasels: 1

Hamsters:0

Maelora likes this

First time I read the thread title, I saw Spice Weasels (too much Futurama).
Second time I read the title, I saw Space Wessels (too much Trek).
:D

Would you prefer the weasels or the hamsters? I'd say weasels (although I prefer to say otters due to their tales), because they have an interesting bee-like society where women rule and men are livestock made to breed. Not saying that that's a perfect society, but it would be interesting to play a race that forces you to be a female. And come on. They're weasels/otters/ferrets. Weasels/otters/ferrets EAT hamsters.

Drall don't really attract me so much - they make me think of hyper-advanced ewoks really.

But Space Weasels...yeah!

I've decided I'm going to have all three Suns of Fortune species native to Corellia and part of some weird symbiotic ecosystem...

Drall don't really attract me so much - they make me think of hyper-advanced ewoks really.

But Space Weasels...yeah!

I've decided I'm going to have all three Suns of Fortune species native to Corellia and part of some weird symbiotic ecosystem...

Weasels: 2

Hamsters: 0

Maelora likes this

On a side note, I have more familiarity with the weasel family than hamsters, due to a lot of Redwall.

Plus, my main memory of hamsters is having two of them murder each other over a girl, and then both die, and then the girl dies of early child birth (seriously, it happened and my sister was sad for a week).

Weasels: 3

Hamsters: -1

Although... A warrior Drall might be cool. I mean, imagine little hamsters going around and shooting up cantinas, covered in battle scars and claw marks from fights over mates. and the whole "Both guys died for a girl who also died" is made possible to be in Star wars.

... Darn it.

Hamsters: Back to 0

kaosoe and Maelora like this

Ferrets are cooler than hamsters, and ferrets are essentially domestic weasels. The two are barely comparable; it's about as fair as comparing a dog to a hamster. Those little bastards are tempormental and mean. If you want one, I recommend getting a mouse instead; they're a lot nicer and more willing to be handled.

I loved hamsters as girl, but they all managed to die in spectacular ways.  One lot re-enacted the prequels (guys fight over girl, everybody dies).

Another one was white and very fluffy. It escaped, somehow climbed up to a high shelf, and did a perfect dive into an open pot of paint. RIP.

While I've never had a ferret in RL, I once rolled one up as a familiar in a really great D&D game.  Initially I was annoyed, I wanted something cooler.  So I did a lot of online reading and realised how awesome ferrets are.   Attitude-wise, they are basically a cross between cats and dogs, combining the best personality traits of each.  They are super-cute and affectionate, completely lack any kind of common sense (they make my hamsters look like hardened survivalists) and have exceptionally weak constitutions and suffer from a bewildering array of fatal diseases. They basically seem to be a child substitute, and if I ever work from home, I'm getting one.

I generally hate anime, but the only manga book I own is 'Peach Fuzz', which is about the imaginary fantasy life of a spoiled, pampered pet ferret. And is totally awesome.

So when I actually get to play rather than GM, it was an easy choice of what to play.

So yeah, you can keep your ewok/hamster hybrids.

Edited by Maelora
JonahHex likes this

Ferrets are cooler than hamsters, and ferrets are essentially domestic weasels. The two are barely comparable; it's about as fair as comparing a dog to a hamster. Those little bastards are tempormental and mean. If you want one, I recommend getting a mouse instead; they're a lot nicer and more willing to be handled.

I loved hamsters as girl, but they all managed to die in spectacular ways.  One lot re-enacted the prequels (guys fight over girl, everybody dies).

Another one was white and very fluffy. It escaped, somehow climbed up to a high shelf, and did a perfect dive into an open pot of paint. RIP.

While I've never had a ferret in RL, I once rolled one up as a familiar in a really great D&D game.  Initially I was annoyed, I wanted something cooler.  So I did a lot of online reading and realised how awesome ferrets are.   Attitude-wise, they are basically a cross between cats and dogs, combining the best personality traits of each.  They are super-cute and affectionate, completely lack any kind of common sense (they make my hamsters look like hardened survivalists) and have exceptionally weak constitutions and suffer from a bewildering array of fatal diseases. They basically seem to be a child substitute, and if I ever work from home, I'm getting one.

I generally hate anime, but the only manga book I own is 'Peach Fuzz', which is about the imaginary fantasy life of a spoiled, pampered pet ferret. And is totally awesome.

So when I actually get to play rather than GM, it was an easy choice of what to play.

So yeah, you can keep your ewok/hamster hybrids.

If you want to read about a hilarious pet ferret check out sluggy freelance.  Kiki is a side character, but is hilarious.

Weasels: 6

Hamsters: 0

And yeah, Hamsters like to murder each other.

Both of my ferrets came from people who couldn't or wouldn't take care of them. I didn't want to take them in at first because of their exceptionally weak constitutions, but I also know what happens to them in animal shelters so I relented anyway. Best decision of my life; they're the most intelligent, loving, and HYSTERICAL pets I've ever owned, dogs and cats included.

That said, the older one has has been near death no less than three times. The worst was when my (now ex) girlfriend randomly came to my house with a baby, and the shock of finding out that there were other ferrets in the world (he had been alone for the first couple of years, barely ever leaving his cage because of his terrible owner) gave him a stomach ulcer. Exceptionally weak constitutions indeed!

Still, it's worth all the trouble. Ain't nothin' like owning a pair of insane weasels who flop around and laugh at stuff (yes, ferrets can laugh lol).

Ferrets = Over 9000 awesome

Hamsters = Gourmet python food 

Edited by JonahHex

Still, it's worth all the trouble. Ain't nothin' like owning a pair of insane weasels who flop around and laugh at stuff (yes, ferrets can laugh lol).

Ferrets = Over 9000 awesome

Hamsters = Gourmet python food 

Hahaha, so cute!

Apparently, ferrets do laugh, and they do a lot of things just for fun.  They are one of the few types of animals (dolphins as well I think) who spend much of their time just enjoying themselves.