Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
INtheShadowplay

Release dates for Echos of the Force?

42 posts in this topic

The joy of sw is the deck building format, its also its biggest con in that, only so many "competitive" decks can be built from a much more restricted card pool.  This makes it seem like there is nothing new for ages because we cant make "small" tweeks.  Is sw dieing off, no has it hit a really hard dry spell? yeah...  Granted were 1 big box up on NR but last time i think  the SW cycle started around datapack 2-3.  were on datapack 4 now, that said as of right now its a 1 month delay, FFG forecasted in GTM that the release date for the echos was Jan we can still make it - balance was 1 month pushed back.  

OCTGN is only hoppen when we have steady releases and the tourney scene is going on, dont expect tons of games when nothing is releasing.

magni

I think Star Wars, along with all of the LCG's, is regional. I live in Iowa, and where I live there are very few who play Star Wars LCG, many who play Netrunner, and no one who plays Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, or Call of Cthulu, yet they continue to make expansions for all of them. I think the one thing that hurts Star Wars is that they have the LCG and X-Wing, and many focus more on X-Wing than the card game, because X-Wing is a little more thematic and bring people back to the days of X-Wing vs. Tie FIghter. 

Two other people at my store have bought the LCG after playing it once because it is fun, it is just a matter of trying to be focused on one or many things.

The joy of sw is the deck building format, its also its biggest con in that, only so many "competitive" decks can be built from a much more restricted card pool.  This makes it seem like there is nothing new for ages because we cant make "small" tweeks.  Is sw dieing off, no has it hit a really hard dry spell? yeah...  Granted were 1 big box up on NR but last time i think  the SW cycle started around datapack 2-3.  were on datapack 4 now, that said as of right now its a 1 month delay, FFG forecasted in GTM that the release date for the echos was Jan we can still make it - balance was 1 month pushed back.  

OCTGN is only hoppen when we have steady releases and the tourney scene is going on, dont expect tons of games when nothing is releasing.

magni

I feel ya on this, you hit the nail on the head. Actually, FFG originally said Echoes was supposed to be out in Q4 2013, then it was January.... then it was February. Q4 = Oct/Nov/Dec. So even when you're looking at Q4 as December, it's still a 2 month delay.

I think Star Wars, along with all of the LCG's, is regional. I live in Iowa, and where I live there are very few who play Star Wars LCG, many who play Netrunner, and no one who plays Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, or Call of Cthulu, yet they continue to make expansions for all of them. I think the one thing that hurts Star Wars is that they have the LCG and X-Wing, and many focus more on X-Wing than the card game, because X-Wing is a little more thematic and bring people back to the days of X-Wing vs. Tie FIghter. 

Two other people at my store have bought the LCG after playing it once because it is fun, it is just a matter of trying to be focused on one or many things.

I just ordered AGOT and Netrunner because I finally discovered some people in town that play those and I also see a ton of games on OCTGN for them regularly, started getting back into Magic too. I just wish there was a decent player base to SW, since I'm a huge Star Wars fan. Love the game but there's no one to play it with. I wanted to check out Warhammer Invasion too, but I was bummed to find out that it has been discontinued. Hopefully the other games will keep me occupied during the wait to see if the SW player base picks up at all when new stuff hits the shelves. 

Edited by INtheShadowplay

Once it says "on the boat," it usually goes to "shipping" 2 weeks thereafter IIRC, so we should be able to expect it in stores in 3 weeks.  So mid-February, hopefully.

Once it says "on the boat," it usually goes to "shipping" 2 weeks thereafter IIRC, so we should be able to expect it in stores in 3 weeks.  So mid-February, hopefully.

Really?  Last force cycle it was usually more like 4-5 weeks as "on the boat."  I'd look for this one at the very end of February or very early March personally.

Also, does it worry anyone else that Lure is still not even at the printer?

I guess I could, but I actually can't find any player groups in San Diego for any LCG's, period. It's not a small city, we have tons of gaming stores and absolutely no one is playing them.

I suggest trying out Game Empire: https://www.facebook.com/GameEmpireSD

I went there for an LCG night last year when I was visiting from out of town and they were quite friendly. If they don't have an LCG group running regularly they'll be glad to help you start and promote one. Top notch guys in SD.

I guess I could, but I actually can't find any player groups in San Diego for any LCG's, period. It's not a small city, we have tons of gaming stores and absolutely no one is playing them.

I went there for an LCG night last year when I was visiting from out of town and they were quite friendly. If they don't have an LCG group running regularly they'll be glad to help you start and promote one. Top notch guys in SD.

Thanks, Kennedy. I have talked to a couple NetRunner guys who play there and plan to meet up with them to play NR and AGoT when my stuff gets here in the mail. They said that SW has already sort of came and went as far as people wanting to do a competitive thing, though. It's a bummer, I'm still going to bring my SW cards just in case, though.

Thanks, Kennedy. I have talked to a couple NetRunner guys who play there and plan to meet up with them to play NR and AGoT when my stuff gets here in the mail. They said that SW has already sort of came and went as far as people wanting to do a competitive thing, though. It's a bummer, I'm still going to bring my SW cards just in case, though.

Not true at all, SW LCG still has quite a few players meeting on Wednesday nights at that store.

as of today Lure is at the printer.

Excellent!  Interesting that they're still projecting it for March, I still think April is much more likely.

Not true at all, SW LCG still has quite a few players meeting on Wednesday nights at that store.

Cool! How many show up on average? Also, aren't Mondays their LCG nights?

Cool! How many show up on average? Also, aren't Mondays their LCG nights?

Nope, it's Wednesday night.  I haven't been in awhile, but their facebook page seems pretty clear about it being Wednesday nights still.

Edit: Not sure how many show up as of right now.  I live about an hour away so I don't go very often. 

Edited by shaggscoob

Went in there and asked yesterday. SWLCG League is every Monday starting the 17th of this month.

Ah, they changed the day since I was there last.  Was on their page and saw people playing LCG's on a Wednesday and figured it was still their LCG day.

Wish I could go down there tomorrow, it's been awhile since I played a game.