Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BenEggler

Custom Arkham Horror Accessories

22 posts in this topic

So, I really want to start customizing my own copy of Arkham Horror. As amazing as the Fantasy Flight game pieces are, the idea of having more authentic, interesting, and creative pieces/accessories really appeals to me. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in sharing some of their own ideas, products, and custom designs that they use for their Arkham Horror experience.

Whether it's a case, custom dice, stands for monsters/gates, new sanity/stamina counters, or anything else, I would love to get some ideas of what other people do with their game to try and implement into my own.

If there has already been a thread for this, I apologize.

Hi Ben :)

I can't, but suggest once more Joe's masterpiece Crafthulhu: it's the best thing that ever hit the market of "pimp your boardgame". Not only they are truly amazing: they are also really helpful in organizing the huge decks. So good that I started using it also for Eldritch Horror and Mansions of Madness.

The Professor and Musha Shukou like this

As usual, I agree with Julia. I haven't bought them for myself yet, but they just look so wonderful that I fully plan to. If you want to thematically accessorize your game, Crafthulhu will be the way to do it.

suicidepuppet and Julia like this

Dr. Faust,

I'm glad you asked...the website is actually part of my signature block.  If you can wait just a few more weeks, I plan on running another Kickstarter Project and will offer a bit of a lower "price" due to anticipated volume.  Thank you very much for your post.

Cheers,

Joe

Dr. Faust,

I can't seem to send you a message in this system...anyway, we've launched another Kickstarter Project (already fully-funded) so you can definitely get the pieces at a reduced rate...savings due to high demand.

Cheers,

Joe

RAFM is currently running a Cthulhu Mini's KS, and, at every pledge level, including the $10 CAD level, they're including three standing stones, useful as a Doom marker, Terror track marker, etc. I'd assume you could buy another set so you'd have six markers to use as six Sealed Gate tokens.

fyi, At 37K, which they'll hit since they have 13 days to go, they'll add a free Father Dagon metal miniature! I guess you could use him as a First Player token?? :D

My new, hand made, seals for Arkham Horror. I may need to re-paint the elder sign, I haven't played with these yet and don't know if they're easily visible across the table. I have 6 more of them to experiment with different colors for the elder sign, but of the 3 available colors to me right now, gold was the most visible one. They're also smaller than my previous seals, which has advantages and disadvantages.

The Professor and Julia like this

I am nowhere near the insanely wonderful project posted at BGG, but have been dabbling with my own case for years I realize. Mostly collecting and modifying boxes, books and other stuff to fit the game. The last addition was a build from scratch, though. A case for the gate markers.

tube2.jpg

maling1.jpg

I couldn't find a picture of it all finished (with green felt lining), but you get the idea. The base is the standard kind of tube that building silicone and stuff like that come in. Fits perfectly.

The Professor likes this

Tox and Mynock,

I like both of your creations!

I'm also very pleased to announce that our KS is rapidly approaching $5,000 and one of our newest patrons is Richard Launius!

Cheers,
Joe

Edited by The Professor

Congratulations!

Here's my DIY tutorial to make your own gate holders!

pic1921795_md.jpg

The miniature is available in the Cthulhu Miniatures KS which ends in a few days. They just unlocked a free Wendigo stretch goal, and, in 2K will add the Father Dagon and two deep one hybrids to the Module, New Stuff, and Monster pledges!

Edited by ced1106

I'm fine with my day job -- less stress! :D

RAFM Cthulhu KS ends in under an hour!

Nine more pledges and every pledge gets two gates and six standing stones free!

Gate made with MoM base and RAFM mini, available in the KS:

pic1923037_md.jpg

Zealot miniatures were nice enough to increase the size of their "magic portal" so that the gate markers will fit the mini.

They are currently running a kickstarter for another 12 days.

Perhaps you could check that out.

(I don't think i'm allowed to post links for that here. So you'll have to find it yourself. But that should be easy.)