Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
INtheShadowplay

Are these standard-sized cards?

8 posts in this topic

Hi, new to the game. Actually have the core set and the first 2 expansions heading to me in the mail. I wanted to get some sleeves, but I want to make sure they're going to be the right size. Same dimensions as MTG?

Hi, thanks so much for replying to anwer my question, guys! I definitely plan on buying some of the art sleeves from FFG, but the ones I want aren't out yet. They look amazing! Picked up some Deck Protector stuff to keep my cards safe until then. My core set, BotF, and EoD expansions are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow and I'm excited to dive into the game. I used to play SW:CCG from Decipher way back, so it's awesome that there's a game with good mechanics in the Star Wars universe again.

If you liked SWCCG, then you will like this game. The play is elegant but not as complex. It might feel a little less Star Wars-y, as it is possible for an x-wing to strike against a Rancor, for example, but the game is fairly streamlined and a ton of fun ATM.

Not certain where you are located or if you play online, but I am in CO and play on OCTGN with the same handle. LMK if you are looking to have someone walk you through the game. If the online thing is not your bit, we can play over skype (sort of like playing CCG over AIM) using the video.

INtheShadowplay likes this

If you liked SWCCG, then you will like this game. The play is elegant but not as complex. It might feel a little less Star Wars-y, as it is possible for an x-wing to strike against a Rancor, for example, but the game is fairly streamlined and a ton of fun ATM.

Not certain where you are located or if you play online, but I am in CO and play on OCTGN with the same handle. LMK if you are looking to have someone walk you through the game. If the online thing is not your bit, we can play over skype (sort of like playing CCG over AIM) using the video.

Cool, after I get the hang of the game I'm definitely up for some Skype gameplay (I'm in San Diego, so I might not be able to make it out to CO for a game, haha). I've got a few friends that are going to give the game a shot with me, so it shouldn't take long for me to get up to speed. Haven't used OCTGN, but I'll check it out.

I updated my mega thread to include in-depth info on sleeving for this game.

Check it out here.

Your thread is great and thanks for the info! Just ordered another Core Set and Edge of Darkness thanks to it.

im new to the game and to OCTGN also so if you want o flubb around both a bit im available.  Screen name on OCTGN is same as this one