Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Santiago

Target Selection

13 posts in this topic

Lets you ignore the penalty from firing into melee, I believe.

It also says something about ignoring the risk of hitting your friend, but there's no such risk mentioned anywhere else.

Target selection..when was this talent brought in?  In DH previously or in later books (DW,BC, OW)?

It appears to have been introduced in Deathwatch, which would probably be why it isn't in Rogue Trader.

It was also in DH

Not in my copy of DH Core. Talents go from Talented to Technical Knock. Perhaps it was meant to be intentional though

"Captain! You can't unload that bolter into the mêlee, our troops are still fighting for you!"

"Whatever, the acquisition test for these bolter shells is harder than replacing crew".

Lets you ignore the penalty from firing into melee, I believe.

It also says something about ignoring the risk of hitting your friend, but there's no such risk mentioned anywhere else.

It is mentioned in the combat rules as an option for when the GM is feeling sadistic.

The way I handle shooting into Melee: 

- Single-Shot: You need 2 Degrees of Success or the hit is assigned to a random target

- Semi-Auto: One hit is randomly assigned to a different target

- Full-Auto: Hits are split up evenly between the combatants with left-overs being assigned to the initial target.

Ultimately leads to players being more careful and more often then not take that Full Aim Action 

I would not want Target Selection to ruin those moments, where the Rogue Trader gets Inferno-Pistol'd in the back by a panicking Seneshal... always leads to interesting Roleplaying afterwards :D

Personally, I find melee quite underpowered compared to ranged anyway and as such I don't really see the point of nerfing it farther by houseruling a chance to hit allies.