Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nemomon

Talisman The Nether Realm Expansion

73 posts in this topic

If it were a regular expansion, I  could get it on BookDepository. They're unlikely to stock POD products, though.

The shipping cost in FFG's store is  too high  for just one item.

I am in a little bit of the same situatuion, FFG rocks as a company, but their shipping prices are quite high.  I would prefer to sit on this one until my next order (Looks like Jan or Feb anyway) so I can combine shipping.  Anyone done this with print on demand stuff before?

I did order POD products before from here. I snatched all the POD expansions for Space Hulk:Death Angel the Card game.

But for just one mini-expansion, the shipping cost is too steep

Edited by zealot12

Well, I had to have it, and I'm okay with the shipping, not the greatest, but this is probably  my only real holiday present, so I have to live a little.

Just wonder how long it will take.

I'm so appreciative of the various cards and graphics we're being shown.   Really looks cool, but also

Looks like it will have something for everyone, in a way.  I can't wait to get sucked into the Nether Realm.... EEEYYYYAAaaggggghiiiii!!!!!!

FYI, I contacted FFG and you can combine shipping on POD items so I will wait for this one.  

This will be the first expansion I will not have bought the moment it came out, but I am ok with that.

Got mine! It's beautiful and completely consistent with the quality of all the other FFG Talisman stuff. The artwork is top notch and the cards are all things you would love to force another character to encounter. I hope for more! Thanks Talismanisland, I didn't doubt you and I wasn't disappointed!

talismanisland likes this

So very happy to hear that. But I had no doubt either. FFG is a pleaser on the actual physical quality of items, in my opinion.

I don't sleeve cards, but I will be happy to repurchase various sets as they get played into threadbare-edness!

Great job, Jon!!! Congratulations and thank you for the lovely expansion! I was shocked when I saw the news after such a long time. Talisman lives thanks to people like you.

Hey Jon, wanted to let you know that you suck!  :D  Seriously tho man, congrats.  Good to see some of the faithful getting recognition.

Hi Jon,

Just received my copy - cards look fantastic.  Congrats on a job well done.

Now I just have to figure out how to integrate them into a standard game (we don't use alternate endings).

That's easy (if you are brave!) - just draw them on certain spaces, like the Runes or perhaps you can draw them if you have previously rolled a 1 for movement and end up on a draw cards space... :)

That seems to be an obvious and beautiful way to use Nether Realm cards without the alt. scenarios (If you play with the random hidden scenarios, you won't know if Pandora's Box is "the ending" until the first player reaches it)

which is desirable.  I would probably favor a different space, say The Cursed Glade, which while taking away the + 2 for enemies advantage, does have it's own limitations for players.

My set just arrived and I'm really excited to add it to my game this weekend.  Jon, great job with the expansion.  I love how dangerous all of these cards are for endgame use!

Quick rule clarification re: Pandora's Box.  I'm assuming that on each of the character's turns on the crown of command, he can use the 6 cards, one at a time, against any character he chooses, and in any order.  So for instance, if there are 3 other players (A, B & C), he could use cards 1-6 all on Player A, or use card 1 on Player A, card 2 on Player B, card 3 on Player A, card 4 on Player C, etc. in any order.  This would allow strategic use of the cards (e.g., if Player A has one life, you might try to kill him first and then use any remaining cards on Player B & C).  Is this correct, or must the character on the CoC use all 6 against ONE character? 

That seems to be an obvious and beautiful way to use Nether Realm cards without the alt. scenarios (If you play with the random hidden scenarios, you won't know if Pandora's Box is "the ending" until the first player reaches it)

which is desirable.  I would probably favor a different space, say The Cursed Glade, which while taking away the + 2 for enemies advantage, does have it's own limitations for players.

I agree with the Cursed Glade. Only draw cards from the Nether Realm there!

Would love to order The Nether Realm but $19 postage for a $15 expansion is a killer. Sadly its not on Amazon UK/DE, Leisure Games (UK) or Magierspiele (DE) so for now I have to do without :/

Hopefully it will either appear in those stores or I can get a friend to bring it over to a conference in 3 months and I can pick it up from them. This is the first expansion for 4E that I haven't been able to get yet.

Hi Tarasis, hope you can find a way to get it.  I love the cards and alt endings!  We have played with two 'revealed' endings and though we couldn't complete the game (died before CoC and too far in the game to wish to restart with new character(s))

it was fun and very, very challenging.

Per my mention of pulling Nethers in the Cursed Glade, it does sound appropriate, as does the Runes spaces (portaling in from the Nether, yay!).

I've also thought of amending my idea for Day/Night expansion players.  "If it is day, you pull from the regular deck, if Night, then the Nether deck is pulled.

Going back to the Runes, something Jon said, but I've tweaked; If you land on a Runes space (or space with a Rune gate card?) by a die roll of ' 1 ', then you must pull from the Nether, otherwise, the regular deck.

talismanisland likes this

The only problem being that you cannot get the benefit of Objects and Spells to help against the cards drawn in the Cursed Glade, but if you fancy a real challenge then go for it! :)

Thank you, Ell.

And I did think about the Runes+2 vs Glade-sans-magic-spells.   I leaned towards the Glade... because there is only 1 of those, as opposed to Runes spaces (I know, I also previously suggested Rune-gate cards too)

But the Nether Realm should not be overplayed - at least until players enter the Inner Region. Well at least today I feel that way.

Just ordered mine.  Looking forward to it.

I asked Leisure games in London if they were going to get some in but they didn't get back to me so I thought bugger it I'll order from states.

I'm looking forward to kickin that Titan Wraiths feeble butt.