Sign in to follow this  
Atraangelis

Why Selonian and Drall for new races???? EoE:SOF

Well, the Sons of Fortune book is about Corellia, and they are two species native to Corellia.. so it seems to make perfect sense to me.

They also are pretty different from the current species that we have available so it seems a good choice.  Looks like 3 species per sourcebook (based on the 2 we have so far) so the amount of playable species should increase fairly rapidly.

Well, the Sons of Fortune book is about Corellia, and they are two species native to Corellia.. so it seems to make perfect sense to me.

Ahh that makes perfect sence in the context of the book, did not put 2 and 2 together.

When I read about them I felt they were a bit gimmicky or contrived and didn't really see the appeal. I still don't but since they're naitive to Corellia I understand their inclusion. For a space faring culture they could really have included any space faring race. Then again, I don't know much about Star Wars and hardly ever play non-humans.

SPACE WEEEEEEEEASELSSS!!!!

space_weasels_by_fertcat-d4xt0wp.png

<ahem>

Sorry, just getting really psyched at the prospect of playing rather than GMing for once...

And I have already decided that Corellians will be near-humans, and all three species native to one planet (though they have colonised others) and involved in some bizarre symbiotic relationship.

And that other races see Selonians the way humans see twi'leks, as beautiful and exotic being similar to their own race... This naturally annoys the Space Weasels. 

All the ladies in my game like Gands. There's apparently something about a race that's always hard (on the outside), can (according to Wookieepedia) vibrate their exoskeleton at will, and never have to come up for air.

Hmm.  Do you give them motorcycles too?

All the ladies in my game like Gands. There's apparently something about a race that's always hard (on the outside), can (according to Wookieepedia) vibrate their exoskeleton at will, and never have to come up for air.

Hmm.  Do you give them motorcycles too?

Well, we do have a Gand outcast that is more or less an "outcast biker" so...yeah, pretty much.

Next thing you know, there will be people running around with miniature giant space hamsters...  Why don't you just call them Boo and be done with it?

I tried to search for whatever you might be talking about. I'm not sure I succeeded. Is this a Baldur's Gate reference?

We do have a character that is desperately trying to purchase a Kowakian Monkey Lizard to keep on the ship as a pet. I'm not sure that's any better.

It's reference the the 2nd edition dungeons and dragons setting of spelljammer.  It was DnD in space.  One of the creatures was a giant, as in kodiak sized, space hamster.  There were various sub-species with random abilties like fire breath and such.  It's become a running gag in gaming circles.

Next thing you know, there will be people running around with miniature giant space hamsters...  Why don't you just call them Boo and be done with it?

Go for the eyes! :D

I kinda agree with the OP's sentiment that Drall and Selonians are the most exciting species options out there for most folks (obviously this thread shows there are exceptions), but since Suns of Fortune is a sourcebook about the Corellian system, they'd make the most sense as to which new species to include.

It's reference the the 2nd edition dungeons and dragons setting of spelljammer.  It was DnD in space.  One of the creatures was a giant, as in kodiak sized, space hamster.  There were various sub-species with random abilties like fire breath and such.  It's become a running gag in gaming circles.

Yup, I forgot about the miniature giant part when I made my post.  Sigh...the mind starts to go...

I'm thinking the same thing about Toydarians.  I mean, I never had any desire to play one, nor would any of my group.  Chiss - me and another of my group, Duros-me, Sullustan-me again, Wookiee - we do have our token Wookiee, Droid - me and another group member.  But, when they see the book, I know for a fact that none of them will be jumping up and down excitedly because they're a playable race now.  Though, Toydarians will get a little more respect than Gungans will, but not by much.

I mean, I do understand why they're in the book, because of the Trader specialization, but, really, out of all possible other species out there...Toydarians?  Really?

I mean, I do understand why they're in the book, because of the Trader specialization, but, really, out of all possible other species out there...Toydarians?  Really?

Much as we may disagree with some of the species choices that FFG is making, they're fully aware that species help sell books, and per comments by Jay Little on one of his Order 66 guest appearances, they don't want to publish all the really cool species right away.  Thus, we got Toydarians in Enter the Unknown instead of Sullustans (who have shown up in the Age of Rebellion) or Togruta or Squibs or some other more popular species.  I imagine it will be the same with the upcoming Dangerous Covenants (aka the Hired Gun sourcebook), with Aqualish probably being one of the new species due to an Aqualish being listed on the front cover, but at least one of the other new species (presuming there's going to be three new ones) will probably be one that most folks wouldn't really be interested in playing.

Much as we may disagree with some of the species choices that FFG is making, they're fully aware that species help sell books, and per comments by Jay Little on one of his Order 66 guest appearances, they don't want to publish all the really cool species right away.  Thus, we got Toydarians in Enter the Unknown instead of Sullustans (who have shown up in the Age of Rebellion) or Togruta or Squibs or some other more popular species.  I imagine it will be the same with the upcoming Dangerous Covenants (aka the Hired Gun sourcebook), with Aqualish probably being one of the new species due to an Aqualish being listed on the front cover, but at least one of the other new species (presuming there's going to be three new ones) will probably be one that most folks wouldn't really be interested in playing.

I'm fine for them not wanting to put in all the cool species right away, I'd sooner play a Revwien than a Toydarian.  :mellow: At least then you could get some three stooges slapping going on.   :lol: