Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nainphy

Kingsport question

31 posts in this topic

Is that true? 2 Monster surges? I though you ignore the lower portal icon on that card when the expansion for the upper portal icon is in play...

That is true for the Mikatonic Horror Mythos cards, but the Lurker at the Threshold expansion includes 4 Mythos cards that open 2 gates on the Arkham board (but add no Doom Tokens). I'm not sure how you would handle surges after drawing one of those cards because it's never occured in my games yet. But I assume you resolve the top gate first and then resolve the lower gate.

Is that true? 2 Monster surges? I though you ignore the lower portal icon on that card when the expansion for the upper portal icon is in play...

That is true for the Mikatonic Horror Mythos cards, but the Lurker at the Threshold expansion includes 4 Mythos cards that open 2 gates on the Arkham board (but add no Doom Tokens). I'm not sure how you would handle surges after drawing one of those cards because it's never occured in my games yet. But I assume you resolve the top gate first and then resolve the lower gate.

Yeah, correct, it's Lurker that has the proper 2-gate cards, not Miskatonic, which has the "gate on an expansion board" OR "gate on the main board" cards. For the Lurker cards, I resolve first the gate on the left then the gate on the right. There could be any number of combinations of gates opening, not opening due to ES and surges (0, 1, 2....).

For the Lurker cards, I resolve first the gate on the left then the gate on the right.

Tox, did FFG format the card graphics differently in the non-English versions of Arkham? On my Mythos cards with multiple gates (Miskatonic & Lurker) they are stacked vertically one above the other.

For the Lurker cards, I resolve first the gate on the left then the gate on the right.

Tox, did FFG format the card graphics differently in the non-English versions of Arkham? On my Mythos cards with multiple gates (Miskatonic & Lurker) they are stacked vertically one above the other.

I guess they did the usual *CENSORHIP* on the italian version, but I hardly doubt it's due to FFG...

Hmm, let me check my cards...

Miskatonic has the gates one on top of the other, touching each other (the icons are smallish).

Ok, my fault for remembering this wrong: Lurker has the gates on top of each other, but the icons are much bigger and the pictures do not "interfere" with one another (they barely touch).

My bad for the confusion :P I guess I was thinking about the "double doom" Mythos cards and somehow thought the same applied to the double gate cards.