Sign in to follow this  
drylndsurf

Star Wars Attack Squadrons Beta

Come to think of it, a "Modification" card enabling any ship to carry warheads for X additional points would be interesting. But I digress...

I want the same level of modification you see in Armored Core, mech warrior, ghostbusters, and aliens colonial marinds all rolled into one.

I dont want to just swap out laser cannons I want to mod to mod the diffrent aspeks of that cannon as well engines, sensors, the works.  I would like to make the Star Hunter TIE Interceptor with its monster laser cannons and make that BTL A4 that was in ROTJ that had that medium laser looking turret instead of having that gosh durn ion cannon.  Heck maybe throw on some 7.2 with some cycle booster so I can buzz saw any Imps that come at me.

Why not just fly the star killer? That would be so much easier flying through cap ships and stuff. YOU COULDN'T DIE. 

Which Star Killer?  The CIS super weapon, bounty hunter ship, or Marek?

also, you can see a Firespray in the image on the site. Likewise, I doubt there will be that many tiers, and if the TIE Defender exists, one figures the E-wing should too. Why you have an airspeeder listed is beyond me.

Please also add a flying banana to this list if it fits your needs and remove what you don't like.

...You've got attitude issues, don't you?

Well, whatever.

People on facebook are complaining endlessly about the fact it's a browser game on the unity engine.

What'd anyone really expect..?

Was expecting a F2P game with a client like League of Legends, World of Tanks, and the easiest comparison World of Warplanes.  F2P is not an excuse for skimpy/shoddy product so let's hope they can get it right, even as a browser-based game.

Browser game? Does this mean ... no joystick support? Mouse crap only?

Not exactly.  It will depend on if they want to make sure common USB joysticks will work or not and really, I would be amazed if that isn't a priority.

Unity is incredibly robust game engine and has the ability to go from simple gem matching puzzle game to full blown sandbox MMO.

Well, whatever.

People on facebook are complaining endlessly about the fact it's a browser game on the unity engine.

What'd anyone really expect..?

Unity has the ability to run cross platform "on the fly"; yes that includes browsers, but it also means every OS, console and Mobile device too.

http://unity3d.com/unity/multiplatform

LOL.. Tie Fighter with Imperial Symbol on the wing ftw...

curious if the designers used your paint job as inspiration or just coincidence?

either way that's pretty cool and i think i'd pick this game up

Edited by executor

I got my beta invite for literally a 3 hour window a few weeks ago.  I was a bit disappointed, but that could very easily be because they were testing one specific thing, so it didn't seem like there was much to do.