Sign in to follow this  
Grand Trader Chode

Creepypasta convertion

Okay I may not be much help with this one because I honestly have no idea what a creepy pasta is.

It sounds like spaghetti that tries to cop a feel of your girlfriend and enjoys getting slurped up by her just a little bit too much.....

Hmmm still not 100% sure I understand but if you are looking to add campfire type horror stories, come up with such a legend and some way that it gets to the Rogue Trader, with rumours of riches as well of course so he can't just resist going to investigate.

For stats the simplest way is to decide what you want to use for the creepy monster, big foots, banshees, the blair witch etc and simply give them the stats and power that meets you vision. If you are not confident doing this you could try using the Koronus Bestiary to create what you want.

You could have the crew following clues towards the location of the rumours with bizarre occurrences that increase in frequency and intensity as they get closer.

Perhaps to enhance the feeling of horror engineer a way to have the characters seperated from the ship and their crew and without most of their awesome kit, as the unknown antagonists close in. This should reduce their confidence and start to make them feel alone and vulnerable and have to use their wits and intelligence to survive instead of numbers and firepower.

With the propensity for aliens in the Expanse you may have the remnants of some horrible xenos race trying to protect their sacred site or technology perhaps even spirits of an alien race now extinct. You can let your imagination run wild.

The Colour Out of Space by HP Lovecraft might be a suitably creepy "campfire" story to base an endevour on.

Hopefully that helped and I got right what you were after.

I think the problem with adapting horror stories to Rogue Trader is that it's set in a universe where there really are Gods from beyond the boundaries of existence that probably would take great delight in screwing with your perception of reality, driving you to madness and into their worship.

If an STC were discovered with the works of Lovecraft stored inside, it would probably be regarded as a cautionary tale from before the fall of man. And then everyone who read it would be killed by the Inquisition.

There's at least one fan chapter of Space Marines made using the rules of Deathwatch where a fragmented warning of a beast that was only identified as "Cth", sleeping on a dead planet somewhere in the galaxy triggered the creation of a chapter specializing in underwater combat, who stand ready to discover this lost planet of Ry'leh and slay the ancient beast when it awakens.

I think the problem with adapting horror stories to Rogue Trader is that it's set in a universe where there really are Gods from beyond the boundaries of existence that probably would take great delight in screwing with your perception of reality, driving you to madness and into their worship.

A large number of people in the real world believe in gods from beyond the boundaries of existence that probably would take great delight in screwing with your perception of reality, driving you to madness and into their worship (specifically, they believe in the Devil, who is actually the model for the Chaos Gods).

And most of our traditional horror stories have actually been created by such people. ;)

Yeah for me that would make it much easier to use campfire stories out there, there are already plenty of options you can use affectively and you are limited only by your imagination on creating new ones as literally anything could be out there.

http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/The_Rake

This is more along the lines i'm thinking of.

A few ways you could port this into RT would to make it an entity/creature on a habitable planet that contains empty settlements. Or, have it be a Warp creature that can phase, has unnatural agility/ movement, teleports, etc etc, that loves tormenting its victims prior to killing them.

There's at least one fan chapter of Space Marines made using the rules of Deathwatch where a fragmented warning of a beast that was only identified as "Cth", sleeping on a dead planet somewhere in the galaxy triggered the creation of a chapter specializing in underwater combat, who stand ready to discover this lost planet of Ry'leh and slay the ancient beast when it awakens.

Idea stolen... the ocean world of Ry'leh, beautiful and bountiful... but what horrors lurk on the abyss floor? Great adventure material there.

Idea stolen... the ocean world of Ry'leh, beautiful and bountiful... but what horrors lurk on the abyss floor? Great adventure material there.

Oh, now...what's that planet's name? Spectoris, is it?

Oh, now...what's that planet's name? Spectoris, is it?

Heh, funny you should mention that.  House Liatris, the RT house in my former campaign, was from Spectoris.  I had fun with their backstory.  :-)