Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GauntZero

Seeds of Heresy (Play-by-Post) INPLAY

Recommended Posts

Out in the streets, I'lm going to try and find transport to an outlying AgriHarvest Storage location, and scope it out from a distance for a while

 

And old farmer stops next to you and asks you if you need a ride ?

 

He has a strange sparkle in his eyes as he looks at you...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out in the streets, I'lm going to try and find transport to an outlying AgriHarvest Storage location, and scope it out from a distance for a while

 

And old farmer stops next to you and asks you if you need a ride ?

 

He has a strange sparkle in his eyes as he looks at you...

Well now I'm feeling uncomfortable.

Ok, I thank him, and jump in with the bundle on my lap. Hand on my las pistol inside.

I give him a nod. "Thank ye kindly. Saves me some pain on these legs"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Yeah", he says with a warm smile, "we really wouldnt want these legs to hurt, would we ?".

 

He then mumbles something you dont really understand, but you guess it was rather towards himself.

 

"I am bringing some of this months tithes to the local storage facilities. What do you search out there ? Work ?"

 

He takes a look at your muscles.

 

"You look like someone who knows how to work hard."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You quickly drive back (with Teagan running behind you ?).

 

As you return, you find the governess guarded by Crouze and his men.

 

Angevin seems gone, but Reginald finds his message.

Reginald tells Crouze and his men to secure the rest of the building, that he and his men will guard the governess. He approaches the governess and says to her kindly, "I am here to serve and protect you, now." Reginald removes his helmet and moves close to the governess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I shift in my seat and glance at the guy.

People on this world are weird.

I mostly ignore his questions, just grunting and looking forward.

I just wait till we arrive, pistol ready

Edited by Felenis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

You quickly drive back (with Teagan running behind you ?).

 

As you return, you find the governess guarded by Crouze and his men.

 

Angevin seems gone, but Reginald finds his message.

Reginald tells Crouze and his men to secure the rest of the building, that he and his men will guard the governess. He approaches the governess and says to her kindly, "I am here to serve and protect you, now." Reginald removes his helmet and moves close to the governess.

 

 

She gets a little closer towards you.

 

"Thank you so much", she whispers, "You cannot imagine how scared and vulnerable I feel...I am about to lose everything". She seems to be close to the tears.

 

"Do you...do you have my...husbands...letters?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I shift in my seat and glance at the guy.

People on this world are weird.

I mostly ignore his questions, just grunting and looking forward.

I just wait till we arrive, pistol ready

 

"You are rather a quiet one, huh ?" - he chuckles.

 

"I also think, talking is overrated. Like some years ago, when I said to Rick...." - the drive to the next storage facility takes only 4h...but to you, it feels like 4 days...

Edited by GauntZero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On arrival I jump out before the vehicle fully stop.

"Thank you fort he ride sir. Harvest Emperor watch over you."

And I quickly walk out if sight.

It's still night, right?

I'm going to do a long reconnaissance walk around the facility, using magnoculars to survey every inch of it. If I need some high ground I'll use my grapnel to ascend some surrounding buildings. I want to get a map of the area, and figure out whether it's guarded, the guard time changes, and if there is anything weird going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You quickly drive back (with Teagan running behind you ?).

 

As you return, you find the governess guarded by Crouze and his men.

 

Angevin seems gone, but Reginald finds his message.

Reginald tells Crouze and his men to secure the rest of the building, that he and his men will guard the governess. He approaches the governess and says to her kindly, "I am here to serve and protect you, now." Reginald removes his helmet and moves close to the governess.

 

She gets a little closer towards you.

 

"Thank you so much", she whispers, "You cannot imagine how scared and vulnerable I feel...I am about to lose everything". She seems to be close to the tears.

 

"Do you...do you have my...husbands...letters?"

Have Crouze and his men left the room?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On arrival I jump out before the vehicle fully stop.

"Thank you fort he ride sir. Harvest Emperor watch over you."

And I quickly walk out if sight.

It's still night, right?

I'm going to do a long reconnaissance walk around the facility, using magnoculars to survey every inch of it. If I need some high ground I'll use my grapnel to ascend some surrounding buildings. I want to get a map of the area, and figure out whether it's guarded, the guard time changes, and if there is anything weird going on.

 

Yes, it is still night, but the sun will rise in about 1h.

 

Your observation gives you the following information:

- the area around the store houses is guarded quite heavily - more than you thought, the area is patroled by 5 teams of 4 men each

- the storage houses are huge...they must store since decades here

- the man who brought you here, brings the goods of his truck to a checkpoint and drives back half an hour later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

You quickly drive back (with Teagan running behind you ?).

 

As you return, you find the governess guarded by Crouze and his men.

 

Angevin seems gone, but Reginald finds his message.

Reginald tells Crouze and his men to secure the rest of the building, that he and his men will guard the governess. He approaches the governess and says to her kindly, "I am here to serve and protect you, now." Reginald removes his helmet and moves close to the governess.

 

She gets a little closer towards you.

 

"Thank you so much", she whispers, "You cannot imagine how scared and vulnerable I feel...I am about to lose everything". She seems to be close to the tears.

 

"Do you...do you have my...husbands...letters?"

Have Crouze and his men left the room?

 

 

Yes, they did. But they are close.

 

Teagan & Camyll are with you though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You quickly drive back (with Teagan running behind you ?).

As you return, you find the governess guarded by Crouze and his men.

Angevin seems gone, but Reginald finds his message.

Reginald tells Crouze and his men to secure the rest of the building, that he and his men will guard the governess. He approaches the governess and says to her kindly, "I am here to serve and protect you, now." Reginald removes his helmet and moves close to the governess.

She gets a little closer towards you.

"Thank you so much", she whispers, "You cannot imagine how scared and vulnerable I feel...I am about to lose everything". She seems to be close to the tears.

"Do you...do you have my...husbands...letters?"

Have Crouze and his men left the room?

Yes, they did. But they are close.

Teagan & Camyll are with you though.

Reginald motions for Teagan and Camyll to watch the door and tells them to loudly question Crouze so as to keep the guards from hearing his conversation with the Governess. Reginald turns back to face her. His eyes narrow as he pulls out the letter for the governess and he speaks to her in a low, angry whisper.

"I found your letters. You will tell me what you know. You will tell me every detail. You will not lie to me. You have disgraced yourself. You have disgraced your family. You have disgraced this planet. Pray that what you tell me may earn you some forgiveness by the Emperor."

As Reginald brings his face close to her's, his servo skull silently drifts behind him, and with a motion behind his back, Reginald signal sit to begin recording.

Edited by Nimsim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this Intimidate using Strength or Fellowship, and if so is it following the new Opposed Test rules from Update 4?

 

I rolled a 73, so that's:

3 DoF if Intimidate uses Fellowship (42-20 Untrained+30 Ease of Task= TN of 52)

4 DoF if Intimidate uses Strength (32-20 Untrained +30 Ease of Task)

 

I don't think Reginald could use Interrogate, since it's supposed to take at least an hour, although I guess he might try that if Intimidate doesn't work.

Edited by Nimsim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It depends how you try to intimidate her...the way you tried, I'd say Fellowship in this case, which means 3 DoF.

 

She suddenly gets cold and her face gets an angry expression.

 

"Sergeant Crouze ?" - she shouts in a much stronger voice than you expected her to have.

 

A few seconds later, Crouze comes into the room.

 

"I think our guest just decided to leave our palace. Please guide him and his companions outside."

 

Crouze nods, obviously being not very happy about this order.

 

"And take this documents they currently have from them. They belong to our house."

Edited by GauntZero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Teagan says, "Hold on there Sergeant." He turns to the Governess and says, "I think you owe us some explanations considering we were almost murdered in YOUR House." He says with a grimace and using Intimidation of his own [Fel 35 + 30=65 [rolled a 43].

Edited by Elior

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[WP test rolled 77]

 

She makes a step back and starts to search for words.

 

"I didnt want it to turn out that way ! I...I...never thought about it becoming anything like that ! Not at all ! I never intended to be part of such a...mess..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toning his voice down ever so slightly he says, "You didn't want it to turn out what way? What exactly did you intend to happen?"

Edited by Elior

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"She promised me a way out of this misery, a solution to get all I ever wanted instead of nothingness for decades. Wouldnt you also make some brave moves for love ? It was my only chance to be with him, and she just wanted us to ki..." - the zapping of a lasgun cuts the conversation like a knife.

 

One of Crouzes men stands at the door to the room, his lasgun pointing towards the governess, who has a smoking hole in her head.

 

Crouze eyes widen, he seems to be surprised.

Edited by GauntZero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...