Sign in to follow this  
Gosric

Because every game needs a couple of absurd ships *L*

I would like an opinion or three fromt he modellers and miniature people. The Eagle 5 is a bit under 2 inches long (they built it on a 33ft winnedago base which is around 10 mtrs so mine is a little large for 1/270 but that is kind of the way it needs to be)

But the wing mirrors seems too bulky in my eyes with the 1mm limits on detail size. The questions is would people prefer a bulkier wing mirror than would be realistic, (though the printed model mirror will not look quite as bulky) or would it be better to leave the wing mirrors off and people can glue on a set from a matchbox toy or something similiar.

Reference images as follows

http://lorelei-shipyards.tumblr.com/post/69134849678/rough-prototype-of-eagle-5-looks-more-like-an-ice

Edited by Gosric

Im a little torn still. I am down to the last stages but while i am all about detail i cannot decide how much to put on the underside.  relatively detail free area will make it easier to mount, but the actual model from the film had a fully detailed undercarriage with the trans axle running the length which would be awkward for mounting purposes. I suppose a small detail-less area with a hole in it would be ok

Im a little torn still. I am down to the last stages but while i am all about detail i cannot decide how much to put on the underside.  relatively detail free area will make it easier to mount, but the actual model from the film had a fully detailed undercarriage with the trans axle running the length which would be awkward for mounting purposes. I suppose a small detail-less area with a hole in it would be ok

Full detail. Only a small bit of it will be covered by the mounting hole, and I'd like to have more detail as opposed to less detail. Besides that, I'd also like to have an alternate version with the ladder extended for "boarding operations." I've got the perfect piece of photoetch ladder for just such a use. ;)

Maybe this question should be asked in a separate post, but....Has anyone thought of doinf some of these off the wall custom builds on a 3D printer? With all the work being done on these you could build a small batch and sell them to help cover the time you put into the ship.

https://www.shapeways.com/designer/Gosric?sort=newest

For those who might be curious...

And where i keep my prototypes and works in progress

http://lorelei-shipyards.tumblr.com/archive

I just spent an hour at your Shapeways site after oneway told me about it....dude your stuff is sweet! is this some type of 3d printing or what? Edited by Duke of Advil