Sign in to follow this  
Rodent Mastermind

JJ Abrams, may actually be full of win

J J Abrams has already outdone the prequels in my opinion. I'd rather stare at that pic for six hours than sit through those again! Practical sets are the way to go, CGI should be used to support, not carry a film.

I hear its a full working set inside and out? Must have been a challenge fitting the rooms in since I've heard there were some discrepancies between the exterior and interior sizes with the original models and sets?

Oh, and has anyone counted the lens flares in that pic? Looks like he's starting early on this one! Haha!

Edited by SentinelNZ

That is true, he has outdone the prequels already just by giving us this. But i'll believe he is done with lens flare when i can watch one of his films without wincing. I hope the design team assembled for the new movies is better than the team who redesigned the Enterprise though.

Sorry to say but that is not the actual set; the picture is from a series of urban Star Wars mashup art pieces.

We don't have an actual picture of the set but we have known about it for over two months.  Hopefully he will tweet a picture to keep drumming up hype.

Sorry to say but that is not the actual set; the picture is from a series of urban Star Wars mashup art pieces.

We don't have an actual picture of the set but we have known about it for over two months.  Hopefully he will tweet a picture to keep drumming up hype.

I can't believe I'm actually about to quote from the prequels but..... Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

So how much do you think that thing'll go for once they auction it after they're done?

You mean you don't think they'll put it up against the fence by the dumpsters at the back of the lot when they are finished shooting like they did with the first one?

Oh and the interior sets are being built on a different location.

So how much do you think that thing'll go for once they auction it after they're done?

You mean you don't think they'll put it up against the fence by the dumpsters at the back of the lot when they are finished shooting like they did with the first one?

Oh and the interior sets are being built on a different location.

It'll end up in a disney park for sure. 

Well, if I had Disney financing me, I too would make a 1:1 Millennium Falcon rather than just use CGI.

Also Millennium Falsehood, I think he has your Customs Corvette beat. :P

sw5.jpg

Question is, is this for ep VII or is this for the Han Solo movie.  Last I heard a woman was playing as Solo.

I thought there WAS a full scale Falcon already sitting somewhere in George's (previous?) collection of stuff.

Not even sure if He had an entire 1:1 Falcon. I know he had sections at full scale. I have also seen major portions on the 1:1 crushed up and in a dumpster