Sign in to follow this  
Marvingardns

Flight Path - Wing Commander

One of the space flight combat games I had long enjoyed on the PC throughout the late 90's was Wing Commander. I was thinking over the past week how awesome a Wing Commander series would work on the FP system. There are so many craft that can be modeled without running into the tech generational issues that you can run into with Star Wars (ie EU v Clone Wars).

I've had visions of Hellcats v. Dralthis, or even Nephelim and Border Worlder factions in play.

What do y'all think about WC on Flightpath?

As a HUGE fan of Ultima I, II, III, IV as well as a fan of Wing Commander 1 and 2, I'm a little surprised about this. When was it announced that fuzzies, Exodus, and the Avatar were in the same universe as the Kilrathi?

Please show me a link that proves the connection?

That said, I too recall how Ultima 1 had a tie fighter dogfight. Ahh the memories of my days in the mid to late 1980s.... Playing Ultima all summer long and listening to New Order or the Pet Shop Boys... Wow! That makes me OLD! ;)

Edited by eldiablito

As a HUGE fan of Ultima I, II, III, IV as well as a fan of Wing Commander 1 and 2, I'm a little surprised about this. When was it announced that fuzzies, Exodus, and the Avatar were in the same universe as the Kilrathi?

Please show me a link that proves the connection?

That said, I too recall how Ultima 1 had a tie fighter dogfight. Ahh the memories of my days in the mid to late 1980s.... Playing Ultima all summer long and listening to New Order or the Pet Shop Boys... Wow! That makes me OLD! ;)

I have photographic evidence. Here is the Avatar and some friends wandering next to a Kilrathi starship in a field from Ultima 7:

u7kilrathi.png

Also, for those of you who aren't familiar, a screenshot from Ultima 1:

ULtima1-FMTowns26.jpg

Wing Commander with the FP rules? Would love to see some Hellcats and Scimitars, and Dralthis and Jalthis, and the Morningstar with the mace missile. ;3

(waiting for Blair to break out his trusty lightsaber...)

Edited by Gazerfoxie

I would like to see that Rapier design that was in the Wing Commander movie. I kinda like it, but the Wing Commander games from the 90s were WAYYYY better than the movie.

If only Captain Panaka, Fred and Shaggy DIDN'T get cast in it.

Yeah, Star Citizen is looking good.  I backed it during the kickstarter phase.  I can't wait.  It's the Wing Commander creator's (Chris Roberts) return to PC gaming and he's doing it in a big way.  Totally real, totally awesome, can't wait.