Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Donovan Morningfire

The Unofficial Species Menagerie... The Final Revision (the true "Official" USM Thread)

78 posts in this topic

For a lot of the ones that I worked on, the answer is "No."  In some cases, it could lead to crippling overspecialization, making the species a lot less appealing for potential players.  In others, if I were to implement one of those arrangements, it'd be more of a gimmick than what I honestly feel the species should be.

In that aspect I liked more the Saga ed. The species had more diversification on the stats and special abilities than in this edition. That is why I like that they have opened a bit more the possibilities by including the two threes and a four possibility.

If you look back at the species in Star Wars d20 AA and UAA, many species shared the same characteritic bonuses. What made them diffrent though were their respective side-qualities.

Some were focuses though. The Wookiees were focused on physical attributes. So people obviously might have chosen physical oriented classes such as Soldier, and Jedi Guardian, back then.