Sign in to follow this  
polmoneys

Wedge + Ibitsam + ?

After begging for a while my friend is dropping the swarm for a week and we are engaging on more fun 3 ships fights. He is flying Krassis+HLC & Soontir+PTL & Turr+VI and because the Firespray is such a terrific ship I almost miss fighting against clumsy TIE... anyway and back to the point, 6 seems a good enough initiative in order to shoot first thant Krassis (or Daggers for that matter) but the lack of 3rd die on Arvel or Dutch makes me uncomfortable. I was planning on flying Garven, what do you think ? Any ideas on how to improve this list are welcomed:

------------------------------

Wedge + PTL +R2 +SD 

Ibitsam + PTL + AdS + EU 

Garven 

Maybe dropping stealth on wedge and using those 29 points for Luke+Adrenaline Rush? Since day 1 on x-wing I'm looking for a good reason to try Tycho + PTL ...

TIA

After begging for a while my friend is dropping the swarm for a week and we are engaging on more fun 3 ships fights. He is flying Krassis+HLC & Soontir+PTL & Turr+VI and because the Firespray is such a terrific ship I almost miss fighting against clumsy TIE... anyway and back to the point, 6 seems a good enough initiative in order to shoot first thant Krassis (or Daggers for that matter) but the lack of 3rd die on Arvel or Dutch makes me uncomfortable. I was planning on flying Garven, what do you think ? Any ideas on how to improve this list are welcomed:

Wedge + PTL +R2 +SD 

Ibitsam + PTL + AdS + EU 

Garven 

Maybe dropping stealth on wedge and using those 29 points for Luke+Adrenaline Rush? Since day 1 on x-wing I'm looking for a good reason to try Tycho + PTL ...

TIA

I'm in love with Garven + "Dutch" + Ibtisam, though Wedge + Ibtisam + Jan Ors is also really nice.

Give this a try. It is a pretty lethal list. You can sub out the Blaster Turret for an Ion Cannon if you like and then you do not need Moldy Crow. If you do that, you can also drop Nien and get Chewie as crew for a very survivable HWK.

33 points
Wedge Antilles
R2 Astromech, Push the Limit

32 points
Ibtisam
Advanced Sensors, Veteran Instincts

34 points
Jan Ors
Determination, Blaster Turret, Nien Nunb, Moldy Crow
Edited by Englishpete

I prefer Nien Nunb on Jan than Chewie. In this list, no-one's going to be shooting at her first anyway, so the stress clearing champion's the best deal. I'd take the 3 points from the Moldy Crow title and give it to Ibtisam, turning her Veteran's Instincts into either Push the Limit or an Engine Upgrade.

Biggs. I'd use Biggs he will keep wedge and ibbie alive much longer.

I may need more practice with him, so far I can't seem to make him useful enough. btw, if you were facing the squad I'm playing against would you leave Krassis for last?

Biggs. I'd use Biggs he will keep wedge and ibbie alive much longer.

I may need more practice with him, so far I can't seem to make him useful enough. btw, if you were facing the squad I'm playing against would you leave Krassis for last?

Krassis will be a large part of their damage, but if he's only running two Tie Interceptors alongside it, definitely save him for last. Interceptors are notoriously fragile once you can get your shots through, and they're throwing 3 dice a piece as well.

Kill the interceptors first, they have less hull but put out as much punishment.  After the first pass they become increasingly slippery as well from their actions and good movement dial.  Hit'em hard while they are coming right at you.

Take out Turr first, he is a slightly easier kill than Fel, thus reducing his shooting. With a bit of luck, Wedge and Ibti should get that done between them.

Do not be afraid to commit Biggs or Jan at R2 if needed. Dead enemies are better than protected allies. As dead enemies don't shoot back.

I'd definitely suggest practicing keeping him in formation. Biggs is a terribly important part of the Rebel fleet, because he can soak up damage that would otherwise hit his wingmates. You do need to keep him at Range 1, but with enough practice this can be done quite easily. I have been using a Wedge+Luke+Biggs, and I wouldn't dream of going without Biggs. Wedge+Ibtisam+Biggs is just as viable.

I'd definitely suggest practicing keeping him in formation. Biggs is a terribly important part of the Rebel fleet, because he can soak up damage that would otherwise hit his wingmates. You do need to keep him at Range 1, but with enough practice this can be done quite easily. I have been using a Wedge+Luke+Biggs, and I wouldn't dream of going without Biggs. Wedge+Ibtisam+Biggs is just as viable.

Range 1? You want him at Range 3, so he'll not die as quickly.

Range 1? You want him at Range 3, so he'll not die as quickly.
I believe he meant range 1 of the friendly ships so that his ability activates. Properly flying Biggs you want him at range 1 of friendly ships and range 3 of enemy ships. But keeping him at range 1 of the friendly ships is probably the most important and the easier of the 2 things to control. Edited by Dekryr

When it comes to Ibtisam I hope you recognize that utilizing stress to re-roll dice is a double edged sword.  If you're stressed you can't use PtL or AS.  If you use the AS+PTL combo you'll either get rid of that stress when the maneuver is revealed OR you're going to be stuck with it until you perform a green maneuver later.

I'm just saying that AS + PTL + green is a wonderful way to go but it doesn't utilize Ibtisam's special ability.

When it comes to Ibtisam I hope you recognize that utilizing stress to re-roll dice is a double edged sword.  If you're stressed you can't use PtL or AS.  If you use the AS+PTL combo you'll either get rid of that stress when the maneuver is revealed OR you're going to be stuck with it until you perform a green maneuver later.

I'm just saying that AS + PTL + green is a wonderful way to go but it doesn't utilize Ibtisam's special ability.

My thought on the matter is this:

1. If unstressed, you may choose to use Advanced Sensors before a red maneuver, thus gathering your stress on Ibtisam and maintaining your action (Does not use PTL)
  2. If unstressed, you may choose to use Advanced Sensors and PTL to perform two actions before a non-red maneuver, thus gathering stress.
  3. If unstressed, you may choose to use Advanced Sensors and PTL to perform two actions before a red-maneuver, thus forcing your opponent to choose a non-red maneuver for you to perform, and gathering stress. (Useful in the rare circumstance that your chosen maneuver is the worst possible thing you could do in this board-state).
  4. If stressed, you may do a green maneuver, and PTL to perform two actions, thus gathering stress (Does not use Advanced Sensors).
  5. If stressed, you may do a green maneuver, and one action, remaining unstressed. (Does not use Advanced Sensors or PTL, but opens you to 1, 2, and 3)

I will often use number 5 while flying a PTL+AS+EU Ibtisam, because unpredictability is her greatest asset. The re-roll bonus gathered from stress is powerful, but I am happy to use it every other turn, or even more rarely, just to have the freedom to be wherever I wish to be on the board.

Ibtisam + PTL + AS + EU has a grand total of 92 different flightpaths for any given non-red maneuver, after all. She doesn't have a position so much as a probability field.

Ten is super expensive and Daggers can't take PTL... that leaves Ibitsam as the only viable way to go in order to build a super mobile (boost + barrel) ship with decent initiative. Green + EH might be the other alternative but it's a 3 and only 1 action at a time unless SL or Lando is around, both unlikely in my style of playing. I might not look for stress every turn as DraconPyrothayan writes down nicely.

I think she is the most fun/challenging/rewarding ship to play on the rebel side*  !

I'll have a go with Biggs Millennium Falsehood, my problem with him is that as I usually play against a swarm he doesn't last more than a turn, maybe against 3 ships will perform better. 

(*I don't play imps) 

Fyi ended up flying at 99 points:

Wedge + PTL +R2

Ibitsam + PTL + AdS

Kyle+BlasterTurret+Recon+MC title + AR

AR wasn't needed at all, may go with Determination next week as I face a swarm again. So far it won against Krassis+HlC & 2 TIE & Soontir+PTL+SD :)