Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joe Boss Red Seven

BOSS' BLAZERS: YAMATO 2199 Gaming with X-WING!

80 posts in this topic

As of this month I am working on gaming YAMATO 2199 ( STAR BLAZERS) with our wonderful X-WING RULES. This topic is to share that fun endeavor with my Star Brothers here, some of you might even like it I think!

:lol:

YAMATO+2199+LOGO.jpg

Check out my introductory article at B6*R7 for more details. With the new Epic Rules forthcoming, the Fleet Combat depicted in The Yamato 2199 Universe will make for some awesome gaming!

:D

You can visit all of my STAR BLAZERS Articles by following this B6*R7 Label.

:)

Edited by Joe Boss Red Seven

I must admit I have never heard of this series but it looks pretty cool (as most Japanese 80s animated cartoons are, my personal favourite was Sabre Rider and the Star Sheriffs :wub: ).  I have always liked WW2 naval ships and the Japanese Fleet certainly had a distinctive look.  If the models are available then all I can say is.....

BANZAI!!!

Edited by DB Draft
Joe Boss Red Seven likes this

I must admit I have never heard of this series but it looks pretty cool (as most Japanese 80s animated cartoons are, my personal favourite was Sabre Rider and the Star Sheriffs :wub: ).  I have always liked WW2 naval ships and the Japanese Fleet certainly had a distinctive look.  If the models are available then all I can say is.....

BANZAI!!!

Almost all of the ships from the series are available or soon will be! They are in very gameable 1/1000 scale, so most of them are 6" to 12" long.

:)

Good because i have Gorgol and Mechanized Empire ships almost ready (keeping in mind that my designs are Yamato 'inspired' rather than canon and for a general Matsumoto universe game system) and i have been wanting to tackle them in alrger scales

28a3d468567ca0aad9d301d9b619f6f013321985

"Irrational Determination!"

Any ship with our great leader on board receives a free focus token when attacking and defending and may keep any unused tokens. The crew disregards pilot stunned effects, and may re-roll all green and red blank results.

Any ship with Irrational Determination! can not be blocked by another ship, but will ignore all dangers to itself and plunge head long in any direction the great leader commands.

Any ship with our great leader on board may come under the effects of "Royal Assassination" if your opponent has purchased that card.

Any ship with our great leader on board may select upgrades from all categories, and may also pick a single upgrade from The "Secrete Devices & Weapons" deck.

That is about it, for now...

:lol:

I am still working on writing all of this up.

:D:ph34r::huh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a97gkNPwLRA

(Available in 1080p, of course, so be sure to watch this in HD with the volume turned way up!)

HAIL. HAIL, HAIL!

Swedge likes this

I am just not a fan of the Yamato series......Yeah right. But i think the game should include the other Matsumoto creations such as Galaxy Express and Captain Harlock. Talk about two main figures. Desslock and Harlock duking it out

But not the foul abomination in the latest cgi incarnation of Harlock. it makes me cringe every time i catch a glimpse of it. It looks like the Arcadia being molested by a crab. Or a Shadow technology version of the Arcadia. designed by Giger. And dont get me going on the dubious rewriting of the characters.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/560/arcadiamovieversionmzps.jpg/

No to that. But yes to this

http://theironhack.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Arcadia.jpg

I have the latest model of the Arcadia and Fw-190 Space Wolf (one of my absolute favourite fighters) but havent built them yet. The Arcadia might actually be close to scale considering how much bigger than the Yamato it is

Yeah there IS a 1/1000 scale version on eBay right now, for only $100 with shipping, but since I am trying to build Yamato and a EDF fleet, and all of the many Gamilons, and because I really like Harlock, but absolutely love Star Blazers...you know.

I agree the new CGI is pretty to look at, but more often than not the heart is in the Classic stuff. Sure the new Yamato 2199 series are done with CGI too, but the classic style is intact.

images-i3518bj0el9.jpg

:wub:

Oh my, if FFG did Star Blazers, I would cream myself. With the quality of X-Wing, I would be in Heaven. If quality of Attack Wing, then I don't think I would by many ships. 

That is why we have to do it ourselves...and the new kits ARE done so that crazy people like us can make a complete fleet. And sure enough, you can bet, that they are working on The Comet Empire series right now! That means new EDF ships and more BANDAI goodness in 2014 and 2015!

There use to be metal (I believe) Star Blazer miniatures. I was given as a gift, the rule book, and space ship guide years ago. I wonder if these minis, if still for sale would be good to use. 

They are very small and very oddly proportioned so i wouldnt thuink so.But then im not doing the system so i could be wrong