Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DarkKoala242

Quick question about Axis Armies

2 posts in this topic

Hi all! I'm a long time miniatures gamer, and some friends of mine are looking to get into Dust Warfare. I like the sound of the rules, but I'm not a huge fan of the minis. Don't get me wrong, their beautifully sculpted, just not my genre. The exception for me is the Axis Walkers. So I was wondering if it is possible to make an army composed entirely (or at least mostly) of Walkers. I have no idea of the army construction rules, and I was playing around with the force constructor and could not find a way to add more than 1 or 2 light walkers to anything. Any advice is appreciated!

Welcome to the forums. I've been gone for awhile, and was never a very frequent poster here anyway. I've played this game for a LONG time and I love it, but I understand you don't prefer the minis.  The short answer is no, you can't. The explanation is that a player's force is organized into platoons and each platoon must have a command section and another section. Then you can start adding support units, which is what walkers are.  You get one support unit for each 2 sections up to a normal maximum of 2 walkers. I'm not familiar enough with every new campaign book to know if some of the expansions allow you to break this rule, but as far as I know you can not ever field only walkers. 

Caledor likes this