Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brrak

Warhammer 3e on Sale

23 posts in this topic

Players guide + omens + lure +bfp + heros call = complete player set

I see the GMs vault is $5.00.  There's a dice pack in each one.

jh

tcrudisi likes this

jh

Are the Player's Guide + Omens + Lure + Blackfire Pass + Hero's Call all the books you'd recommend for a player? Or would you advise going a different route? I'm interested in picking up some of the books for Christmas.

Are there any other books, other than the GM Vault, which give dice? 

There are also 4 2nd edition hardbacks on sale under the "Other" category.

I highly recommend Tome of Salvation and Realms of Sorcery for fluff etc. even if playing 3rd edition. If you're paying shipping anyway, at $5.00 each it's hard to beat.

Emirikol likes this

Anybody know exactly which dice (how many of each shape and color) comes in the GM's Vault? It's hard to know how many vaults to order without an exact count.

It says 12.  That means the same as a single dice pack..plus you get all that other 'stuff.'   

Edited by Emirikol

Too bad that the shop is intended for americans only. 55$ to deliver a book to germany? HILARIOUS! :(

I have started a german "Sammelbestellung" here: http://www.altewelt.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2368

We are currently 2 guys with you we could divide the cost through three, but you should add 5€ for your book delivery in germany. Remember this is all some kind of private initiative, I'm no reseller or anything like that.

jh

Now that I'm back from my holiday, I just wanted to say "Thanks". I ended up ordering the books that you suggested, plus 3 copies of the GMs vault (that I plan on sharing with 2 friends and combining our dice). I'll probably also end up getting some of the other books, especially the cheap ones, just to flesh out an actual WH library.

And a special thanks (and playful "screw you!") to brrak, the OP, for letting me know about this great deal. (The "screw you" is because I'm spending a lot of money that I never expected to spend. :P )

Ha! My pleasure. I finally picked up the Enemy Within and Hero's Call. But feeling a little scrooge-like after shipping costs. Here's hoping for a resurgent 2014 for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 3e.

Edited by brrak
Keeop likes this

My order's status is 'Pending Shipping' and I ordered it on Wednesday last week. There's no 'estimated shipping date' on the order information, so who knows when they will get around to fulfilling it. For all I know it could be next week or the week after. 

Hmmm.  So much for "first come, first serve" then.  Seems like at least two of us ordered the day the thread was made, but no shipping (yet).  Oh well.  It'll ship when it ships.  Thanks for the info gang.

Signs of Faith - is this book worth it at $15 + shipping? Are the cards it provides only found in this supplement? In the "what is your favorite supplement" thread, no one mentioned this one, which has me a bit worried.

Yes.  It is a must-have.  It's the priest stuff for all priesthoods beyodn sigmar, morr and the other one that are in the core.

My buddy got his package on Friday, mine is arriving at my work today. I had already purchased all of the WHFRP 3rd stuff (at full price or slightly less) long before this sale…except for the hardback books and the vaults (only had the creature vault for all of the cards). So I went ahead and grabbed the hardback Players Guide and Creature Guide, and a GMs Vault (for the dice mostly), and grabbed two of the 2nd ed books they had on sale for 5 bucks each. Wish I could have picked up the GMs Guide, but it and the Adventurer's Toolkit were already sold out by the time I got wind of the sale. 

What is the speculation about the future of WHFRP? Are we going to see a 4th edition? Are FFG done with this system? I certainly hope not. There is so much content that they never even got to in this edition (Elves, Bretonnia, Lustria/Lizardmen, Khemri, etc, etc.)

Edited by Brother Bart

I would wager the following (and quote me on this):

* 3e is done with its production cycle.

* a dry, marketer-perfected, not-publicly-playtested 4e announcement late next year that will be nothing more than a simple fleecing with no actual improvement from actual fan feedback from actual fan communication

* continued complete lack of communication with fans

Does that make me sound pissy? Or am I just saying what everyone is thinking?

Edited by Emirikol

* a dry, marketer-perfected, not-publicly-playtested 4e announcement late next year that will be nothing more than a simple fleecing with no actual improvement from actual fan feedback from actual fan communication

I don't think their track record would suggest #2. Say what you want about the direction of 3ed, but it wasn't just a half-assed new face on 2ed (It might be worth looking at Dark Heresy 2nd Ed and see how that is turning out, though that is sold as an incremental change). 

I'm still of the opinion that the smart move would be to clean the system up, making it compatible with Star Wars's dice, and release the year after Force and Destiny. 

Both, I suspect!

To cover your three points:

1. It looks very much like FFG have finished with 3rd edition. There may be the odd POD, but otherwise that will be it.

2. I would be very surprised if they did not Beta test a new 4th edition. However that will not guarantee that we will not get what you say in point 2 above. Unfortunately bad explanations have resulted in the Dark Heresy Beta turning into edition wars between the two different versions of the Beta, already. The first version of the Beta had some new exciting and innovative stuff, but the second version has just gone back to Only War with Inquisitors. I can see the same thing happening here quite easily, between those who do want change and those that don't.

3. That will never change!

The other thing to think about will be that the license will be up again in 2015, I think, and I suspect that we will not see anything before then.

Edited by ragnar63
Keeop likes this