Sign in to follow this  
Azai

Modding weapons & armor

So this is some I encoutered GMing last week. My players are finally getting into modding their gear and the group tech is launching into all the options for mods.

They wanted to add the accurate trait to their weapons and I was fine with it. But I couldn't find what mod or how you could add it to weapons. What limit there was, how much would it cost, etc.

So I was wondering if this is purely a mechanic to make enemies more difficult? Or make certain weapons special? Or do I just keep flipping past the page in the book where it list the mod that gives accurate to a weapon?

When you modify gear, you actually modify the attachments that you've put on that gear.  Each attachment lists the modifications that can be added to it.  If the accurate quality is a potential modification to an attachment that one of your players has added to their weapon, they can potentially add that quality to the weapon.  The specific rules for modding attachments are on p. 187.

Weapon Attachments with the Accurate +1 Mod available:

Augmented Spin Barrel (Blaster Rifles and Heavy Blaster Rifles)

Balanced Hilt (Melee Weapons) [Note the Balanced hilt already provides one Accurate +1 bonus from the attachment itself]

Forearm Grip (Blaster Rifles and Carbines)

Marksman Barrel (Blaster Rifles)

So you could get up to accurate +2 with either a melee weapon or a Blaster Rifle by adding a balanced hilt or a special barrel and forearm grip respectively.

You can get up to accurate +1 with either a heavy blaster rifle or carbine

You can't get the accurate mod at all with ranged (light) weapons.

Awesome, thanks all. After looking through the Core Book again, and some of the fan-made pdfs I have found everything I need. We were skimming through during session so obvioulsy we missed some things in terms of getting to the action. (Just made a GM call.)

Again though thank you all for helping me clear it up.