Sign in to follow this  
SableGryphon

Factory Error

So, I recently got a new TIE Bomber. See if you can spot the problem:

DerpyBomber.jpg

The base peg on the Bomber has been glued on backward. This isn't a huge deal, as I can just turn the cardboard around, but it does amuse me. This is the only one I've seen with this particular problem. Do any of you have this problem hidden in your fleets? Or other little issues?

Edited by SableGryphon

I thought only german deliveries suffer this problem.

There were many reported issues about the sticks rotated by 45°, and 180° ... one of mine bombers was rotated by 135°, facing backwards. I wrote a mail to the german publisher and got pleny of replacement replacement holding sticks within a few days.

There were many reported issues about the sticks rotated by 45°, and 180° ... one of mine bombers was rotated by 135°, facing backwards. I wrote a mail to the german publisher and got pleny of replacement replacement holding sticks within a few days.

Might be worth emailing FFG... Those plastic pegs will always come in handy!  ;)  :D

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

I've posted this problem before, My B-Wing came 90 degrees left so I notified FFG and was promptly fobbed off. Apparently happy for me to glue or set it straight myself.

I usually have no problem with Chinese craftsmanship or quality assurance. Indeed, Chinese manufacturing as a whole has really raised the bar. It has more to do with confirmation bias. We remember all those times we get flawed products far more than the thousands we get which are flawless. :)

I've posted this problem before, My B-Wing came 90 degrees left so I notified FFG and was promptly fobbed off. Apparently happy for me to glue or set it straight myself.

Really?  You should try them again.  I emailed them a week ago because my wife's copy of the Cthulhu LCG came missing a bunch of the wound/clue tokens, and I straight up lost one of my YT maneuver dials.  I got an email about three days later saying my order had shipped, and yesterday they showed up with an invoice basically saying "We are more than happy to provide you with a new..." 

FFG generally has absolutely fantastic customer service, so my guess is it was an anomaly.  I would try again because I've had nothing but good luck getting anything I needed from them, even if it was me that lost the dial, broke a peg, etc.

So, I got a package from Fantasy Flight today. It contained a brand new TIE Bomber. Just the bomber and none of the other components of course. Still, more than I was expecting or hoping for. Now I have a spare TIE Bomber if I decide to mod one for some reason. Woo. :)

Same here, I have nothing but good things to say about FFGs customer service.  The pegs and base that came with my Firespray were warped to the point that the model set at a 10-15 degree tilt.  It looked like Boba had been hitting the bottle.

A quick note to them and a week or two later I had replacements for all three.  No fuss, no muss.