Sign in to follow this  
Gazerfoxie

My own Sub-par retrims...

You only really learn by doing. Either pick up some cheap micromachines give them a go, or work on something like the HWK, which is nice and big with large areas that take wash well. The other idea is go into GW and ask for a painting lesson. They have to give you one, and they should cover basic brush maintenance (do it on a week day if possible so they actually have some time to give you) which in some ways is half the battle, keeping a good tip, loading your brush etc (though I do worry that our store may have been a anomaly, we had an awful lot of GD finalists by the end of my time there, tricks were passed back and forth from vet to vet).

A very very good attempt at them, you got the symbols in, the checks (those are not easy) and even the extra panel lines with chipping on the nose. I would be proud of them. Bet they look great on the table. I see you went with my version of Corran with the black nose cone and the red darts.

I think you missed the details on Tycho's Astromech, I believe it was black striped on white/silver (R2-D2 with black rather than blue). But I could only find one reference picture, he never named it, and it didn't appear much in the EU. But Whistler looks cool.

Thanks, man. That means a lot coming from you, and yeah, you were my inspiration on the chipped panels and such, it makes the fuselages of the x-wings look a lot less plain. It brings them to life. I'll probably be retouching and fixing little things here and there as time goes on.

yeah the nose is very flat, and so is the inside of the wings, if you don't do something to break them up a bit. You might want to try a carefully applied coat of Carroburg Crimson wash to the red areas, I think it will really make them pop, it's a really rich color.

Yes but mutants like Rodent Mastermind, Viceroy Bolda, Millenium Falsehood,  and Zombie Hedgehog set the bar pretty **** high. 

I suspect they aren't actually humans but escaped experiments, from the secret Lucasarts bio engineering labs.

My painting is subpar.. I got one  Interceptor that I re-trimmed with a "Sharpie" 

It doesn't look half as bad as you would expect, but yeah it still isn't something I'd field proudly.

It has a date with some "Simple Green" later this week.

This work is better than mine.  I must now commit mutanticide.  Master Lucas, forgive me [ignites lightsaber into thorax].

I consider the bar raised, with myself looking up.  Magnifico!  I especially enjoy the blue/orange/yellow hawk.  That bird is BA. 

Thanks for sharing!

Edited by Viceroy Bolda

I've got a green themed HWK on the way, should be able to finish over the holiday

..and 2 more Yavin X-wings, Garven's Red Leader and Wedge's Red 2 are in the works.

Edited by Gazerfoxie