Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
divinityofnumber

Friday Night Star Wars! - Minneapolis, MN - FFG Event Center

85 posts in this topic

I was able to get my hands on BotF today, the guy at the EC said they should have it in tomorrow or Saturday and they are also restocking the FFG deck boxes. Not sure how long I will be able to stay as I have a SWTOR guild meeting at 9:30 est, but hopefully we can get at least one run of a challenge deck in.

What should we play this Friday? 1v1, 2v2, 3v1?

If we decide to theme heavily on 2v2 or 3v1, I can try to have some decks built. I am usually prepared for 1v1, but need to know slightly in advance if we plan to do some 3v1 or 2v2. 

Are there open tables for people who want to play Star Wars (1v1), but are just learning? My buddy is just learning and we would like to come up and experience a Star Wars night, learn 1v1, and have some Surly :)

Are there open tables for people who want to play Star Wars (1v1), but are just learning? My buddy is just learning and we would like to come up and experience a Star Wars night, learn 1v1, and have some Surly :)

For sure man, we usually take over the back corner of the store and just rotate around playing 1v1 games or mixing it up with challenge decks or 2v2.  It is always good to see new faces!!

What are you all in the mood to play tomorrow night?

It is easier to get more games in if I come prepared to play 1v1, 2v2, or 3v1 specifically, instead of dismantling decks in an awkward ad hoc fashion. I don't mind rebuilding. But, if people are definitely looking to play 2v2 or 3v1, it is helpful to know. 

I am down for whatever everyone else wants to do.  We played against the challenge decks a bit last week (I finally won piloting the DS challenge deck) it may be nice to get some 2v2 in, but like you said it takes a bit more planning to get decks ready for that.

I NEED to play 2v2

I already have 6 or so 2v2 decks built along with plenty of 1v1 decks. Challenge decks are the only thing I'm not prepared for. Once you get past the annoying "Well I have that objective and you have this one" start up, it's fun. I actually like approaching the challenge decks with unprepared players/decks. Makes it more challenging and fun. I prefer when the challenge decks have a 80% chance of winning. It should be a CHALLENGE  :D

Edited by cooleo1c

Yeah, that DS challenge deck destroyed us last week.  Once Vader got going with that enhancement out that damages ALL LS units whenever they flip a new objective we had little hope.  The emperor wasn't even needed at that point.

I'd like to get in at least one 2v2 game.  Although I'm also really digging the BotF obi-wan objective for 1v1.  It doesn't work often enough, but when you get the Obi-Wan loop going it's a lot of fun.

Argggh. I got stuck at work again way later than I had hoped. I could make it still, but at this point I would be way late, and have to spend 30-40 minutes deck building on top of that.   :(

Sorry to miss again.