Sign in to follow this  
Rowdy

Wedge Speeder Card

Understanding it is a space game however I feel this game is incomplete without the speeder so I threw together a few ideas and came up with this pilot card. Still no reason why some of these guys couldn't duke it out against a few TIEs. Although at 1:270 it would be a small model.

acfs3s.jpg

Edited by Rowdy

Love the T47, but as I understand, it's an atmospheric craft.

Are you suggesting planetary combat? If so, I'm onboard :D

Walkers, Hovertanks, speederbikes?

Whole different scale of movement, (I have some ideas about how to make templates work for them)

Other than that, your card needs a crew upgrade and a cannon upgrade (that only fires to the rear,  sort of like the firespray, but the rear arc is only for the secondary weapon, and the front arc is primary only)

I like the stats of the card, but I think it needs a Crew Member (remember the gunner in the back!) and the boost action to be complete. I also thought they should have two firing arcs, following the Firespray's example. :3

I like the idea of a planetary based game.  I think FFG could do so much with this basic system.  For that reason I like the card.

If you intended some hand-wavium for this card to be use in the X-wing game, you stated it basically the same as a TIE.  If it was going to be in X-wing I would say you need to at least drop the hull by 1, maybe even 2.  Those T-47 did die pretty easy.

Oh, I like the idea for Wedges Ability.

I like the idea of a planetary based game.  I think FFG could do so much with this basic system.  For that reason I like the card.

If you intended some hand-wavium for this card to be use in the X-wing game, you stated it basically the same as a TIE.  If it was going to be in X-wing I would say you need to at least drop the hull by 1, maybe even 2.  Those T-47 did die pretty easy.

Oh, I like the idea for Wedges Ability.

Here's the thing: they were shot down by AT-AT's, which are armed with 6 guns on their heads, two of which are heavy assault guns designed to attack fortified positions. I mean just look how quickly and easily General Veers took out the shield generator, it only took two blasts with the cannons at "maximum power" for it to go kaboom. Also, I'd argue that the speeder has 4 hull points due to the fact that much of the plating was lifted from Y-Wings.