Hinnyboy

X-wing plug-in for Strange Eons

211 posts in this topic

On 2017-04-03 at 9:08 PM, Stefan said:

That means you're working on it? That'll be great!

Sorry, no unfortunately not. You can see here what I am working on and the order of the backlog:

https://github.com/Hinny/strange-eons-xwing-plug-in/projects/1

I asked armoredgear7 about permission to do something like this and he said it was OK. He will not give me access to the original templates so this is going to be a big effort for me creating all the necessary graphics for this only using the published pdfs. If anyone would like to help out with creating blank images of all the cards, I can get this done much faster than I otherwise can (and I promise to move it up in the backlog as well...).

IG88E likes this

Wow!  So much work went into this and the result is jaw dropping!  Thank you for making such an awesome tool!

I'll be keeping an eye on your "full art promo pilot card" with great interest!  Keep up the amazing work! :)

Odanan likes this

On 14/12/2016 at 10:17 AM, Hinnyboy said:

Thanks for the praise!

There might be support for creating custom factions somewhere long down the road (I actually have in in my backlog). Unfortunately don't expect to see this feature next year.

However it is possible to add new factions if you know basic programming and have the necessary blank template images.

Another option is to supply me with blank templates and I can create a customised version just for your need. If the templates is of high enough quality and if others are interested I might even add your faction in the "official" version (with your permission of course).

Awesome! Can you also add support for rule/reference cards?

Posted (edited)

is that a good card for the pre-made light cruiser?

Edited by 2224

I don't know if these will be of any help to you or not, but linked above are a handful of photoshop templates for extended and full art pilot and upgrade cards. This guy on reddit has been working on them for a while and if I understand correctly if you can extract a few choice layers from the template it could pretty much remove all art asset work from a chunk of your to-do list.

Hinnyboy and Odanan like this

Posted (edited)

Hi, I just downloaded Strange Eons and am designing my 1st X-wing customs.  Does anyone know how to add a degrees symbol? Is there a way to superscript an "o"?

If not, does anyone know how to add this to the available tags?

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out.

Edited by Cpt Hellcat
figured it out

Can you make custom ship base inserts with this program? If so could you describe where I'd find that feature? I would like  my HotAC squadron to have their actual callsigns on the base rather than all reading "Rookie Pilot."

Thanks!

On 16/05/2017 at 9:12 PM, AlterKocker said:

I don't know if these will be of any help to you or not, but linked above are a handful of photoshop templates for extended and full art pilot and upgrade cards. This guy on reddit has been working on them for a while and if I understand correctly if you can extract a few choice layers from the template it could pretty much remove all art asset work from a chunk of your to-do list.

nr0sx.jpg

Celestial Lizards likes this

4 hours ago, Katarn07 said:

Can you make custom ship base inserts with this program? If so could you describe where I'd find that feature? I would like  my HotAC squadron to have their actual callsigns on the base rather than all reading "Rookie Pilot."

Thanks!

Yep, you can. It´´'s packed with nice features like that one.

11 hours ago, Katarn07 said:

Thanks!

Yes you can. When you create a pilot card, in the window on the right side where you can see an image of your work, there are tabs. Click on those to see your pilot card front and back and the ship tile/marker. You can export the project as a jpeg and print the card and base tile onto self adhesive paper, cut them out, then stick them to cardstock. I actually stick the pilot card front and back to a spare reference card (which I'm sure you have plenty of) and I stick the printed tile onto a spare base tile if I have one. This makes your custom cards and bases very real looking.

Odanan likes this