Sign in to follow this  
Rowdy

Anyone had this problem?

I understand it may be one in a million but I purchased a B-Wing and when I assembled it was orientated to the right 90 degrees. I have checked and re checked the alignment pegs and yes they only fit one way, with the B-Wing forever flying sideways. Now I did get in touch with Customer Service with a lengthy explanation however was denied an appropriate action. Feeling a little deflated with this game. As good as it is, the service and supply is poor at best.

I purposely cut the clear plastic lug from the back of the model and pinned 90 degrees round. Then thought that the cockpit looked silly and cut that of and rotated and now the B-wing looks ace.

My next one will be angled differently and I intend to angle them all.

Theres actually a lot of people who would PREFER their B-Wing with a 90* twist!

I don't think that is what he means. The B-Wing isn't flying with a 90 degree twist, but is flying sideways, pointing to the left or right (user wasn't clear) instead. So when your firing arc is forward, the model is facing the side and away from the firing arc if I am understanding correctly.

I don't think that is what he means. The B-Wing isn't flying with a 90 degree twist, but is flying sideways, pointing to the left or right (user wasn't clear) instead. So when your firing arc is forward, the model is facing the side and away from the firing arc if I am understanding correctly.

that's how I read it. Mine were all about 45 degrees to one side. I ended up gluing the posts into the stand (the female ends were all starting to crack anyway) then taking an X-acto, and shaving the flat face of the pin at the top of the post just enough to let the fighter rotate over. I've got some of the flight bases from litko on order, but, this is working for now.

That's correct, no twist, as I said 'flying sideways' all guns facing to the left. Whilst I'm sure there are many ways to mend, modify or fix the problem, I expect what I pay for and would rather not nor should have to glue pegs in. It's p*ss poor that customer service simply palms it off as too bad so sad. 

Ehh...uhh...if I received an out of whack B-Wing...(I just ordered 4) I'd use my handy dandy x-acto and glue sitting next to my laptop. I understand your aggravation. Though I've dealt with such aggravating customer service for items that cost hundreds to thousands that I wouldn't be bothered with a twelve dollar issue. As for the supply issue...well single X-Wings and Ties will be out and I'm more than happy the supply issue has to do with the popularity rather than anything else. I'm three weeks into this game and have all of the whole  2 Y-wings that I care to have at this point.

Edited by Clan Blaster

Oh man. That is unfortunate. Did you send pictures and everything to customer service? I've only had good experiences with customer service. I'll look at my b wing tonight and see if I have any ideas. I would think that you could cut the stem off with an exacto knife and then re glue it facing the proper direction. I realize that it's a little of a pain, but it seems like a fixable problem.

On mine I found that although the curved peg on the model was a tight fit it was not actually glued in.  With a pair of pliers and by going slowly and carefully I found that I could turn it.

Still need to cut and reposition the cockpit though.

In my case the unglued peg may have been a one off, I am making no claims that my method would work for everybody.