Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boss Gitsmasha

Matt Ward steps down as GW codex writer

27 posts in this topic

Source?

In any case, idk. Ward wrote ridiculous fluff, but I don't have any serious problems with him. 

So we're stuck with Kelly, Cruddace and Vetok. Hm. To be honest, after 6E CSM fluff/crunch and 6E Eldar fluff, I would be willing to trade Kelly for Ward. lol

Fools! He isn't stepping down. He's just Ascending take his rightfull place at the Emprah side.

Or he's writing rulebook to WFB 9th ed... Emprah have mercy on our souls.

Who is Matt Ward and why do people love and/or hate him?

He's a GW writer responsible for some of the more controversial alterations to 40K canon, like changing Necrons from the silent killers they were depicted as in previous editions to mustache-twirling Snydely Whiplash-style cartoon villains of the most recent Codex.

If this rumor is true, I certainly won't miss him.

If this is true, nobody could be happier than me. However, if it means that The Cruddmeister is taking over, I'm not sure it's much of an improvement.

Matt Ward was the guy who:

*) Created a kind of mech armor, that had to be piloted by an exposed Terminator, because Marines wouldn't add another layer of protection over their most experienced soldiers in their most prized armors.

*) Had Space Marines and Necrons fight each other only to team up against Tyranids, and then the two allied forces leave each other alone after the battle is over.  (Because both apparently are willing to give the other side a break?)

*)  Has Space Marines kill Sisters of Battle to use their blood to make purity seals.  And everybody is cool with this.

Or to sum it all up...  try this.

So, if certain sources are to be believed, Our Spiritual Liege apparently isn't writing codices for 40k anymore. What do you all think of this?

Don't actually play 40k TT, write my own game adventures so the impact is pretty much nil.

I do drag it up for fun to antagonise my players that still play TT... the rage and tears are awesome :)

I don't really know what to think of it. On one hand the Newcrons were a vast improvement over the oldcrons but the Grey Knight blood rites were pretty much a mistake as far as I am concerned. 

I just want to chime in on the topic there and say that I think Newcrons, AKA "Tomb Kings in Spess", is the worst thing since the reversible lederhosen.

As far as I'm concerned, Matt Ward hasn't written a single line of fluff - or as I prefer to think of it, Ultramarines fan-fiction - that isn't implicitly or explicitly terrible.

Edited by Fgdsfg

I just want to chime in on the topic there and say that I think Newcrons, AKA "Tomb Kings in Spess", is the worst thing since the reversible lederhosen.

As far as I'm concerned, Matt Ward hasn't written a single line of fluff - or as I prefer to think of it, Ultramarines fan-fiction - that isn't implicitly or explicitly terrible.

I just want to chime in and say that your white-hot hatred of anything written by Matt Ward just tickles me pink. Shine on.

I just want to chime in and say that your white-hot hatred of anything written by Matt Ward just tickles me pink. Shine on.

Constructive.

Nameless2all likes this

Constructive.

Letting the people in your community know how much you appreciate them is a constructive thing to do. That's why we have the Like This button on every post. 

Green Knight and Nameless2all like this

Constructive.

Letting the people in your community know how much you appreciate them is a constructive thing to do. That's why we have the Like This button on every post. 

*Nameless2all likes this*

Ward also wrote about the incorruptible Grey knights having even more incorruptible incorruptible members and the whole Grey Knights killing sisters of battle to make blood paint of protection out of their blood.

Ward also wrote about the incorruptible Grey knights having even more incorruptible incorruptible members and the whole Grey Knights killing sisters of battle to make blood paint of protection out of their blood.

Now, conviction that you're incorruptible is pride (be it true or not) and pride is how chaos made it's way into the heart of Horus.

And I could so see why a tainted GK would get the idea of annointing his fellows in the blood of the Sisters of Battle.