Sign in to follow this  
Goknights12

Slowest Boat Ever

All jokin' aside.  It's not so much the boat itself, but "Customs".  Most freighters will sit in port for up to 2 weeks before it is even unloaded.  Then customs has to check the cargo and release it to be sent to it's destination.  Which that is FFG's warehouse that, then sends the stock to distributors, who then send them to the stores, and then they ship your stuff to you.

From China to you in a speedy 4-5 weeks!

The container might sit for a while waiting for customs, but not the ship. I used to work on trans-Pacific container ships and the longest port time you get is around 24 hours, and that's for a complete unloading and reloading.

Containerization is amazingly fast. Its the paperwork that slows the process down.

The container might sit for a while waiting for customs, but not the ship. I used to work on trans-Pacific container ships and the longest port time you get is around 24 hours, and that's for a complete unloading and reloading.

Containerization is amazingly fast. Its the paperwork that slows the process down.

Can't we hire an Outer-Rim Smuggler to avoid all that mess?

Love the Firefly references! Who has the skills to do a pilo and a title card?

And Kickstarters are still as awesome as the people who run them. Know your project creator or don't give them your money. If I don't have heavy recommendations from someone else I trust, personal contact for them, or just feel like gambling its not worth it. Pick a good creator and you'll get a good project.

And back on topic... How much slower does the Lambda shuttle, with these minis on it, fly when the wings won't fold down?