Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sebastian Yorke

Best Craftsmanship Jovian Pattern Landing Bays

5 posts in this topic

So, besides the decreased power requirements and the possible gold ornamentation. What do you think having a Best Craftsmanship Landing Bay mean?

Maybe more squadrons could be launched at once?

Increased craft rating due to improvement maintenance?

+1 Strenght? (I am trying to convince myself out of possibly giving an OP salvageable carrier - at the cost of some lives - to the players with 4x Strength 3 landing bays)

My first response would be no - the quality of the bay is reflected in power efficiency, but doesn't directly affect the craft launched from it.

That said, a 'better' bay should lead to slightly better maintenance, so I could see a small bonus to craft quality rating. Anything more than that...not in the timescale of a single engagement.

Not to mention more efficient in space management, hence the -1 space modifier for Best Craftsmanship.  I see it as the equipment to launch the attack craft is less bulky and takes less space so they can be packed more tightly.

I like to pretend that the space modifier for Best Craftsmanship comes from STC printouts implying that maybe the best way to construct a structure is to not devote 75% of it to cherub statues, devotional candle holder and skulls.

Edited by Erathia

I like to pretend that the space modifier for Best Craftsmanship comes from STC printouts implying that maybe the best way to construct a structure is to not devote 75% of it to cherub statues, devotional candle holder and skulls.

HERESY!!!

Marwynn and Tenebrae like this