Sign in to follow this  
Vaapad

11/30 - NYC RED SATURDAY TOURNEY (A Black Friday Tradition)

I think everyone should play to win.  I think everyone should, if they want to, play a deck they think is strong.  As a challenge to myself, I personally am going to try to win with an off-the-beaten-path deck.  I think Dennis feels the same.  If others do too, great.  If others are excited by decks that are currently considered strong or T1 that's great too.  Everyone should play something they are excited about.

As usual it takes someone more eloquent than myself to put my thoughts into words, thank you Dave. I challenge those who want to challenge THEMSELVES to be creative and impress yourselves by winning with a deck other than a worlds quality deck. I generally don't have a good grasp of turning my thoughts into words, so thank you again Dave for translating.

I will try and see if I can build a "fun" deck, but I barely got the greenlight to take that weekend off to begin with, so forgive me if I end up just updating the last deck I had two years ago.

OTOH, I do have a burning desire to prove FFG made a mistake with one of their errata but does that count as "fun" if it can either be incredibly exploitive, or fail miserably?

I will try and see if I can build a "fun" deck, but I barely got the greenlight to take that weekend off to begin with, so forgive me if I end up just updating the last deck I had two years ago.

OTOH, I do have a burning desire to prove FFG made a mistake with one of their errata but does that count as "fun" if it can either be incredibly exploitive, or fail miserably?

Rule #1: Have fun.

Rule #2: Make sure rule #1 is not compromised

Rule #3: YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB

I may have gotten some of my rules mixed... I do tend to get them confused at times...

Does this mean you're definitely coming?  Trying to keep a tally . . .

Our Red Saturday tournament is TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY!  I have a lot of "maybes" on my list, so let's all get our sh*t together and make this the best NYC tourney of the year!

Does this mean you're definitely coming?  Trying to keep a tally . . .

Yes, barring adverse weather conditions. The plan is to leave for NY Friday, play Sat, and leave Sunday.

Cool - looking forward to meeting you.

We're currently at 17 confirmed!

Any chance someone can reserve a "The Horn That Wakes" CP for me, I can't find it on amazon and my FLGS would prob. not be able to get it in until January at the earliest.

The store got it in today - if you call and reserve one they'll hold it for you at the register. 212-685-3880

Looks like I'll be able to come (this is ryan)! 

Will be playing with whatever Kyle decides to build for me, with some input by myself.  Sorry been AWOL recently,  the GF occupies a lot of time during the week, since I'm pretty much a wasteland during Football Season at the bar! 

Just some of the prizes . . .

image-4.jpg

image-3.jpg

image-5.jpg

Those wooden house cards (a full set, double sided) go to the winner.  Our Sansa gets the AGoT beer . . . drink up, little bird!