Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
otha62

Stone of Erech Now Available

34 posts in this topic

And the official anouncement is here, too! I heard this quest was very fun (but also very difficult?) and I sure think the theme and mechanics sound awesome!

it's expensive to order to the uk...but I did anyway. To those that have played it already - how challenging is this scenario? I'm hoping for a tough one.

it's expensive to order to the uk...but I did anyway. To those that have played it already - how challenging is this scenario? I'm hoping for a tough one.

I heard is not so tough as Lake-Town and MaO but still quite difficult

Finally a quest that I don't win on my first attempt. Lost with a Gondor deck and then a Hobbit deck. Now it's time to get serious about this scenario. I don't think this one will disappoint. I'm happy that it will make me think about how to handle the scenario and try some different deck strategies. I have not tried the power decks (Outlands / dwarves) on it yet, I'll hold off and see if I can come up with something different to meet the challenge.

The night cards are what finished me off both times due to rapid threat increase, otherwise the scenario seems pretty manageable, although the Treachery card Driven By Fear is my new nemesis.

Finally a quest that I don't win on my first attempt. Lost with a Gondor deck and then a Hobbit deck. Now it's time to get serious about this scenario. I don't think this one will disappoint. I'm happy that it will make me think about how to handle the scenario and try some different deck strategies. I have not tried the power decks (Outlands / dwarves) on it yet, I'll hold off and see if I can come up with something different to meet the challenge.

The night cards are what finished me off both times due to rapid threat increase, otherwise the scenario seems pretty manageable, although the Treachery card Driven By Fear is my new nemesis.

wow we have a quest deserve attention!!!! Thank you FFG!!! At least something un few months!!! I already change my attention for other game like Eldrich Horror. Wait only for nightmare and print of demand lotr.

I see the forum is more and more quite now....

I don't think the forum is quiet because the game is too easy. I also don't think that recent scenarios were easy. Especially Blood of Gondor is a brutal quest.

Note:

My super-crazy power deck of über-awesomeness beating a scenario 10 times of 10 doesn't mean that a scenario is easy. ;) I'm ok when folks follow that approach of playing the game, I did the same myself for a while, but the designers should lay their focus on scenarios that offer a challenge for a large number of different decks. I mean what's the next step? "Please stop publishing new player cards because I'm not interested in deck building like at all but give us more quest cards instead?" <_<

I don't think the forum is quiet because the game is too easy. I also don't think that recent scenarios were easy. Especially Blood of Gondor is a brutal quest.

Note:

My super-crazy power deck of über-awesomeness beating a scenario 10 times of 10 doesn't mean that a scenario is easy. ;) I'm ok when folks follow that approach of playing the game, I did the same myself for a while, but the designers should lay their focus on scenarios that offer a challenge for a large number of different decks. I mean what's the next step? "Please stop publishing new player cards because I'm not interested in deck building like at all but give us more quest cards instead?" <_<

hope so hope so…….

i really busy now to play  full attention now…...

Glad to hear its a challenge. Looking forward to getting my copy.

Mine arrived yesterday, and it feels really weird. Almost like the cards are made of plastic? Or maybe starched cloth. I dunno. Since they got the POD machine in the office it seems this has been the case. MaO and BoLT, while obviously different to the regular card quality, were still noticeably card. 

This is perhaps just me being pedantic.

Mine arrived yesterday, and it feels really weird. Almost like the cards are made of plastic? Or maybe starched cloth. I dunno. Since they got the POD machine in the office it seems this has been the case. MaO and BoLT, while obviously different to the regular card quality, were still noticeably card. 

This is perhaps just me being pedantic.

What about quest? Did you try it already?

Copy arrived today but without Dusk. Have contacted FFG so should get the missing card soon.

From a quick browse it looks like a very tough Quest which plays a lot of tricks with your Willpower, and with the Spectral and Battle keywords appearing at some stage you will really need to think hard about the stats of your characters. It looks doable because 1B and 2B do not require an awful lot of progress to complete; 3B on the other hand...

All this without having actually played it, of course. 

Copy arrived today but without Dusk. Have contacted FFG so should get the missing card soon.

From a quick browse it looks like a very tough Quest which plays a lot of tricks with your Willpower, and with the Spectral and Battle keywords appearing at some stage you will really need to think hard about the stats of your characters. It looks doable because 1B and 2B do not require an awful lot of progress to complete; 3B on the other hand...

All this without having actually played it, of course.

You can play it since dusk is essentially the same card as eventide, since after you place the 4th progress token before switching to midnight. When you will just have to remember that you switched from eventide to dusk since encounter cards will start to be buffed while it is in play.

In terms of difficulty it's a pretty easy nut to crack, and was winning consistently with a few different decks on my 2nd day of owning it, but it is still a fun quest, and one that will see the table often.

I think Glaurung's Thorin & Company will crush it, since willpower and attack stats are the key to victory in this scenario. This usually is not a problem if Dain is in play, but I am curious to hear how it goes with this deck. I would resist the urge to play them right away, and give something else a shot first.

My copy is on its way.  I'll have the Morgul Vale and Stone of Erech both arriving right before the weekend hits; I'm excited!  (Because unfortunately this looks like the last of the new LotR LCG content for.. the.. rest.. of.. the.. year...)  

Edited by Karlson

Stone of Erech is really awesome. Very well balanced for one and two players which is a nice change from some of the very easy solo scenarios in Against the Shadow. Also attacking with willpower allows for some really unique choices. For instance I played with Elladan WITHOUT Elrohir since he didn't need his attack boost!

Scroll Lock likes this

Stone of Erech is really awesome. Very well balanced for one and two players which is a nice change from some of the very easy solo scenarios in Against the Shadow. Also attacking with willpower allows for some really unique choices. For instance I played with Elladan WITHOUT Elrohir since he didn't need his attack boost!

That is really nice idea!

Sounds exiting! cannot wait for my copy. Should to get it pretty soon.