Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dain Ironfoot

The Grey Company Podcast

71 posts in this topic

As soon as I'm done with the editing. I won't want any pesky editing duties still hanging over my head for Thanksgiving (Thursday), so that should give you a clue  :)

Episode 3 - The Morgul Vale, is now available.

http://greycompanypodcast.wordpress.com/2013/12/11/episode-3-the-morgul-vale/

In this episode, we have a lively discussion of the various strategies we used for defeating this scenario. We include an in-depth look at many of the encounter cards, as well as insight into the decks that we designed to help us save Faramir from Minas Morgul.

For those who have not yet purchased this scenario, be warned, there are SPOILERS.

Enjoy!

Edited by danpoage
Pharmboys2013 likes this

Great Podcast guys!

I really enjoyed this Morgul Vale Episode. As a veteran player, it was great to hear all of your strategies and deck ideas as it gave me some new inspiration for decks. I'm very impressed with the wealth of knowledge that you've gathered together for your podcast.

Keep up the good work!

danpoage likes this

Enjoyable episode. Keep up the good work guys. Still think it's quite cool that all of the ancillary blogs teamed up for a podcast. Feels like the avengers or something

This!  :D

This more!  :D

also,  :P

Thanks for the spoilers, misters!

Now that we've been waiting for news about LOTR: LCG content for 4 weeks (this'll be the fifth one), it's nice to have a daily test of new cards!

Have you played any of the Season 2 or 3 NM scenarios? If so, what's your take on them?

Now that we've been waiting for news about LOTR: LCG content for 4 weeks (this'll be the fifth one), it's nice to have a daily test of new cards!

Have you played any of the Season 2 or 3 NM scenarios? If so, what's your take on them?

I've played Passage Through Mirkwood, Journey Along the Anduin, The Hunt for Gollum, and the Journey to Rhosgobel (I can't remember if I've tried any others).

I really, really like all of them. In many cases, they are much more thematic than the previous versions, and, of course, much more difficult.

Perhaps we can talk about them on the show at some point - but I really enjoy them. Plus, the art is so "nightmare-y," it's great! :D

I've played Passage Through Mirkwood, Journey Along the Anduin, The Hunt for Gollum, and the Journey to Rhosgobel (I can't remember if I've tried any others).

I really, really like all of them. In many cases, they are much more thematic than the previous versions, and, of course, much more difficult.

Perhaps we can talk about them on the show at some point - but I really enjoy them. Plus, the art is so "nightmare-y," it's great! :D

I also played the Core Set Nightmare Version ones, and I feel the same: they feel more thematic (Dol Guldur the most) and harder. So I am very excited to know that the others are on the same level. A lot of curiosity with Hunt for Gollum, it seems like they put a new level of detail (player clues vs enemy clues race against the clock). At least that's what I saw on the preview in CoTR.

Talking about NM scenarios and how they have changed (and the new strategies needed to adapt) on your podcast sounds like a great idea too! 

Edited by Jekzer

I also played the Core Set Nightmare Version ones, and I feel the same: they feel more thematic (Dol Guldur the most) and harder. So I am very excited to know that the others are on the same level. A lot of curiosity with Hunt for Gollum, it seems like they put a new level of detail (player clues vs enemy clues race against the clock). At least that's what I saw on the preview in CoTR.

Talking about NM scenarios and how they have changed (and the new strategies needed to adapt) on your podcast sounds like a great idea too! 

hunt for gollum-nightmare is more fun, but not all that difficult. i've never had an enemy "get" a clue every time i've played it. great concept, not the best in execution.

Episode 4, in which we discuss the Gondor trait, is now available for your listening pleasure! Please forgive some technical difficulties at the beginning of the episode, and enjoy!

good episode, i thought you guys had a very fair analysis of the gondor trait and enjoyed the reasonings and discussion.  i also appreciate...correct me if i'm wrong, but is it matt who says he's the numbers guy and tallied up the number of cards? that was a nice little stats piece

danpoage likes this

good episode, i thought you guys had a very fair analysis of the gondor trait and enjoyed the reasonings and discussion.  i also appreciate...correct me if i'm wrong, but is it matt who says he's the numbers guy and tallied up the number of cards? that was a nice little stats piece

indeed it was me with the numbers. :)

glad you enjoyed the episode!

In an upcoming episode of The Grey Company podcast, we'd like to discuss deck-building - using one of our listener's own decks! Struggling with building decks for the first time? Or, perhaps your a more experienced player looking for a bit of advice on a deck you've built? Fear not! Send us a deck list (or feel free to link us to a deck you've posted elsewhere) and your deck could be the next topic of discussion by The Grey Company!

https://www.facebook.com/thegreycompanypodcast

http://greycompanypodcast.wordpress.com/

thegreycompanypodcast@gmail.com