Sign in to follow this  
the_dearth

The Unofficial Menagerie 3.0 - Official Thread and Hi-Res version

Hi there!

Unfortunately fiddleback took the little surprise from me to announce the Unofficial Menagerie 3.0 on the message boards, but I do not want to let this opportunity go and just announce it again - and stress that the Menagerie now looks better than ever before with the new and improved layout.

You can find all the information about the Menagerie at the gsa:

http://gsa.thegamernation.org/2013/10/29/unofficial-species-menagerie-version-3-0/

And for everybody who loves to have a version in high resolution - Here you go:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/g51dvua11vazi4x/Star_Wars_-_Edge_of_the_Empire_-_The_Unofficial_Species_Menagerie_3.0.pdf

131027_menagerie_prevewrym.png

If you find any errors or typos, please let me know! Feedback appreciated (as always)!

The Dearth!

I do have one question concerning the Pheromones Species Quality: why does its effects differ between the Falleen and the Zeltron? Just curious, as this is the first time I've seen the Menagerie in any of its forms.

I think it's reasonable and mechanically interesting that different species' pheromones work in different ways.

Nice work, although it's still a shame that the art used for the different species isn't consistent. 

Anyway, what I've been wondering... what do people do once one of these 'unofficial' species is released as a playable species? Do you just keep using the stats from the Menagerie? Do you try to update them? I'm planning on starting a campaign soon, and right now I'm wondering what to do with custom species that will/might be released in a next supplement (like Aqualish, for example).

I've a couple of questions about the Togruta build.  What are limits on Spatial Awareness?

Does it only apply to Perception/Vigilance or to Ranged Attacks as well?

(I also don't know whether "concealment" just refers to darkness or also to cover.)

Ta!

Edited by Col. Orange

Anyway, what I've been wondering... what do people do once one of these 'unofficial' species is released as a playable species? Do you just keep using the stats from the Menagerie? Do you try to update them? I'm planning on starting a campaign soon, and right now I'm wondering what to do with custom species that will/might be released in a next supplement (like Aqualish, for example).

Hmm, how about:

• Strip out any unofficial talents/abilities, plaster in any official innovations.
  • Any difference in starting XP gets awarded straight way or subtracted from "Available" XP, even if that creates a negative (i.e. XP earned during play will only be available to spend once you've paid off your debt).
  • Where starting stats and skills differ it could cause problems (if we're being precise)...  it may be simpler to ignore differences here ("My guy was brought up by the hill-folk, which is why I have Survival as a species skill.").

That said, if you and yours prefer the unofficial version, where's the harm?

Looks very nice.

But why are the two last species listed under outdated? Are they included in the AoR beta?

Also, on page 2 you link to http://gsa.thegamernation.com - I think it should be .org, right?

Thanks for all the hard work you put into this.

Edited by Chubby

Hmm, how about:

• Strip out any unofficial talents/abilities, plaster in any official innovations.
  • Any difference in starting XP gets awarded straight way or subtracted from "Available" XP, even if that creates a negative (i.e. XP earned during play will only be available to spend once you've paid off your debt).
  • Where starting stats and skills differ it could cause problems (if we're being precise)...  it may be simpler to ignore differences here ("My guy was brought up by the hill-folk, which is why I have Survival as a species skill.").

That said, if you and yours prefer the unofficial version, where's the harm?

Yeah, I guess I'll just see what everyone wants to play and decide what we'll do once we get to that point. :)