Sign in to follow this  
maida_16

character only keyword ability

there was a ruling in this forum that bitter rivals cant discard a character specific keyword ability (i.e. Siegfried Reversal) if the player is not playing the said character. It's as if the keyword does not "appear" on the attack. My question is if a certain card is referring to a printed keyword, will these attacks still get affected by it if they are not playing the same character as the attack with a character specific keyword?

i believe from the precedence that Bitter Rivals made that if it is character [keyword ability] then unless you are playing said character it's not on the card period, even for effects that modify up or down keyword abilities values(if stun, multi or powerful).  I'm pretty sure thats what the rulling on cards like that were but i'll wait for omar, brian or tag to prove me wrong if i am wrong.

N.J.

NJBrock22 said:

i believe from the precedence that Bitter Rivals made that if it is character [keyword ability] then unless you are playing said character it's not on the card period, even for effects that modify up or down keyword abilities values(if stun, multi or powerful).  I'm pretty sure thats what the rulling on cards like that were but i'll wait for omar, brian or tag to prove me wrong if i am wrong.

N.J.

nah.. you're solid. *stamp* for NJ

yeah i know about the ruling. im asking what if another card effect, not bitter rivals(it doesnt refer to PRINTED keyword ability, hence character only abilities wont work), refers to the printed keyword on the card? does it get its effect?

maida said:

yeah i know about the ruling. im asking what if another card effect, not bitter rivals(it doesnt refer to PRINTED keyword ability, hence character only abilities wont work), refers to the printed keyword on the card? does it get its effect?

Can you maybe give a specific card title that you're referring to? Because card text in this specific situation you are referring to is key.