Sign in to follow this  
Davor

Are you solely a Rebel or Imperial player?

Just curious if some people consider themselves a Rebel or Imperial player.

I would make this into a poll but I can't see how to make one here.

For me, I would say I am both. I like all the ships and don't mind playing either or. I just wonder if there is legal rules for combining both. At least I can do that with "house rules" for me and my son.

So how about you boys and girls. Are you both, Rebel or Imperial player and why. 

Davor

Pretty much 90% of my matches I have played Imperial.  It started with the fact that everyone I played against had already setup a Rebel list, but has continued to the point that I can call myself an Imperial Loyalist.  Now when I try rebels, I find myself spinning maneuver dials over and over, looking for my beloved 1-hard turns, k-turns, and options.  Every time one of my no-name TIE pilots goes the distance, like in a game last night where one Black Squadron Pilot dodged 5 Ion volleys then soloed a y-wing and HWK, I look at my points invested and know the Emperor is proud.

My main interest is Imperial but I've played plenty of games as Rebel. If a scenario proves to be one-sided or specially hard my regular gaming buddy and myself will swap sides and play it again, to see whether we'll be able to get a different outcome.

I try to play both sides, but I mainly play Rebel (probably about 90% of the time). This isn't really for thematic reasons (I'm not a "good guy," per se) but more just because I prefer the ship stats and pilot abilities on the Rebel side.

After playing a couple of games with both, I'm actually warming up to Rebels.  Overall, I like both factions because of how unique their ships are and how different their pilots are.

I love the Imperial faction from far over, I have more action figures from Imperial, I play the Imperials faction in Galactic Battlegrounds, and I have more minis from Imperials in the WotC game, and in this game I have more ships, but I like to play both factions, I like the powerful pilots of the rebel, and I like the swarm of the Imperial, and for the cards I prefer to play with the Imperial Navy greettings.

Imperials for me. I have both sides but only have two regular opponents and one only bought rebels, the other prefers rebels so it just sort of stuck.

I have started playing rebels a bit now but it feels unnatural after si long playing as the empire.

Have always had so many list ideas, I nwver get to test them all anyway so probably Why i stick to one side.

I do find the imps give you a greater range of squads to build.

I think Star Wars features the best starship design ever and i love both the X-Wing and the TIE Fighter.

But for most games I prefer to fly in an eyeball with many friends at my side :)

Besides: I also love the WH40K imperial ship design, those of the old Wing Commander games and the classic (!!!) Battlestar Galactica cylon ships