Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ozorion

New Warhammer 40K Role Playing Podcast

12 posts in this topic

Hello all,

First off, I apologise about cross-posting in to each of the different game forums - I figured it was the best way to get this out there.

A friend of mine and I have recently recorded the first episode of a new podcasting series devoted to Warhammer 40k role playing - specifically the Fantasy Flight Games systems. We are looking for some "beta testers" to have a listen to our first episode and provide some feedback.

We're basically looking for thoughts on the content, the layout, the sound quality - basically whether this is the sort of thing you would actually listen to. We originally targeted a 90 minute show, but after recording we had over three hours - we've been able to cut the final product down to just over 2 hours.

Please feel free to take a listen and provide your feedback. Provided there is enough interest, we'd like to keep the series going and start churning out casts on a regular basis. In order to prevent the dreaded pod-fade, we've made sure we always have five episodes planning in advance.

The cast can be downloaded at http://www.grimdarkpodcast.com/GrimDarkPodcastEp1.mp3 - I had some issues the first time I uploaded it but the second time around it seemed to work. With that being said, I didn't listen to the whole show again on the site, so if there are any audio dramas with the file, I apologise.

Thank you for taking the time to read this message, and hopefully taking the time to listen to the cast and provide your feedback.

Cheers,

James - @GrimDarkJames

SgtOddity, lordcap, Simsum and 1 other like this

No problem - it seems the FFG forums like to turn the link in to a player within the page, so I'll put it here as a link you can click on - here.

Also - the first episode is now up on iTunes - just search for "Grim Dark" from the My Podcasts app, or on the iTunes store. We're working on Episode 2 at the moment and hope to have it up early next week.

Thank you for your interest!

James - @GrimDarkJames

I've been enjoying this so far. Only a few minutes in. email me at admin@darkreign.org if you want me to smear it on our front page.

That would be fantastic Cogniczar - we've used a lot of the Dark Reign resources in our own play in the past and it would be an honour to be mentioned on that page. It's up to you but you may want to wait until after the weekend, as the last thing I have to fix up is the website (it's just a place-holder now) - and I'm doing that on the weekend.

Good links would be www.grimdarkpodcast.com or www.facebook.com/grimdarkpodcast

Thanks again!

James - @GrimDarkJames

I decided to wait til after the weekend, give your site a chance to be the best it can be. Also, I listend to the full podcast. Loved it! 

While I certainly didn't hold the same opinions in every discussion (the bits about the Adept being useless in combat, for example), I certainly found the tone of both you to be pleasant, the discussions lively and useful and I'm looking forward to more.

MOAR, MOAAARR

:: clears throat ::

Anyhoot, waiting to see what comes up.