Sign in to follow this  
torquemadaza

Character sketches

So, I've been trying to draw one of my player's wookiee character. I'm experimenting with various styles, as I need a character sketch for each of the players that will be used in the eventual youtube channel we're setting up for our game sessions. The other characters are a droid with pin art for a face (the pins in his face move to match those he interacts with... he's an ex trader droid), a tall muscly gold skinned arkanian with the requisite goggles, a twi'lek fringer and Matwe! (newbie player didn't want to roll up a character right away). 

Which do you like? 

2sbod55.jpg

2yp0phk.jpg

107oxg3.jpg

dcvsr9.jpg

This is the first sketch of the droid. Ignore the hand-clamp.... very very wrong. ;)

His name is A-4A. A barter droid built by the now defunct Trade Federation for establishing new trade routes with new customers. Now he is hunted by an unknown enemy that want those forgotten trade routes he's got buried deep in his memory banks.

The face is made up of hundreds of tiny pins that move back and forth (like an executive pin art toy). His actual eye slot is the band about his forehead. He's had some modifications done (by the wookiee Huundar above) as he was chucked for scrap 30 years ago and the wookiee found him on a scrap heap. He hasn't been able to find suitable components that match his original styling, but the wookiee is more concerned with functionality over styling at this time. 

The neck and stomach are accordion'd to allow A4-A to shrink or stretch to best match the height of those he interacts with. 

2m3iruw.jpg

Edited by torquemadaza

Red Background Blue Wookiee is the way to go.  Distinctive, different, and you can use the colors to indicate the general mood or personality of the character.

Edit: To clarify what I mean by mood / personality - Those colors tell me that the wookiee is in a dark, angry place internally, no matter what his outward appearance might suggest.  Different combos would mean different things, of course.

Edited by Fiddleback