Sign in to follow this  
Zogwort

Thinking of getting into X-Wing. Did I miss my chance to get wave 1 minis?

The other option is to look around somewhere like ebay.  Don't pay more that retail, but sometimes people sell collections of ships that they no longer use or don't need.  I managed to get the most of the catalog used on ebay for about 40% under retail because there were so many ships.  It was someone who was getting into a new game and clearing out his stock of x wing.

Wave 1 should be out by the end of next month though.

Just curious if wave 1 expansion minis are completely OOP and never coming back, or if there are plans to make them widely available again?

The Upcoming page shows the status of future releases and reprints. You may either scroll through the list of everything or else select "Miniatures" as the Type, then select "Apply".

The Wave 1 ships will be back in stock very soon.

Edited by Wh0isTh3D0ct0r

Just to add one thing to what everyone else has said... Definitely wait on buying them and don't pay tons on ebay. If you want to try out the exclusive pilots like  Wedge and Howlrunner just head over to afewmaneuvers.com and look at the cards and proxy them until the Wave 1 reprints hit. No reason to stress or pay out the nose.

Edited by Tervlon

Yeah, just proxy the cards for the X-wing and TIE for now.  I see the X-wing and TIE expansions are actually "on the boat" right now, which means they should reach distributors in a few weeks or less.  I would guess those expansions will be available end of November-ish.

One other thing to add.

FFG has said that none of this line will ever go OOP, as long as the game itself is being published. They do that for their board and LCG's as well. As long as the game is being supported they'll keep making everything for it as needed.

They are still out there just harder to find. 

If you are in the Rockford IL are I am taking a large lot for the silent auction which includes a Starter(Unopened), X-Wing, 2 Ties, Tie advance, Falcon(unopened), Tie Interceptor, A-Wing.  All are mint, they are extras that I just dont not use as I am not playing the epic battles I thought I would.  This will make some room for future waves.

Anything more than 100-150pts just takes to long IMO unless you have most of a day.

I started a month ago so in the same boat. I live in Vienna and wanted English expansions which presented a problem. Could get Wave 1 from local stores though had to look long and hard for UK site that sold wave 1. I found a site that was not known at all and still had all Wave 1 in stock, though don't ask me which cause I'm still ordering up big.

Enjoy the hunt.

Edited by stellakntrl