Sign in to follow this  
hudsonrunabypass

Plastic Peg Problems...

...or for short Triple P

Has anyone else had any problems with the plastic splitting where the pegs join each other in the middle? I've had it happen to two of them so far and not from mishandling them or anything, they just seem quite brittle.

I've already asked for a replacement from FFG for one of them, and know that they'd probably be happy to replace the second one as well, but wondering if this is a problem I'm going to encounter again and again and if so maybe I should find some different pegs/bases to use...any suggestions?

As careful as you can be, acrylic is brittle and it will always be an issue. I'd rather have non-clear delrin pegs. I think the (pie) connectors are unnecessary as well. I understand the need to keep it simple but I think FFG needs to redesign their peg system big time.

I have been using fast acting acrylic glue to repair mine. pretty soon they'll all be glued. heh.

As careful as you can be, acrylic is brittle and it will always be an issue. I'd rather have non-clear delrin pegs. I think the (pie) connectors are unnecessary as well. I understand the need to keep it simple but I think FFG needs to redesign their peg system big time.

I have been using fast acting acrylic glue to repair mine. pretty soon they'll all be glued. heh.

I've started to glue the 2 pegs together with super glue. I noticed some of them were cracking, and I rarely play with 1 peg.

I have not had this issue, but do know they are brittle.  I broke two more this week.  Really hope FFG does what Ares did with Wings of glory and decides to sell a small bag of plastic pegs. 

Currently I just glue them back together.  This is the one fault I do find with this game.  The pegs are to fragile with no easy source for replacements.

I wouldn't mind so much if they did have a pack of replacements you could buy cheap, and if I had quite a big collection I probably wouldn't notice as much as there would probably be ships I wouldn't be using each game and could swap them round...but they don't...and I don't...so until then I guess it's time to bust out the glue and maybe look at replacing them with brass rods or something in the long run.

I have not had this issue, but do know they are brittle.  I broke two more this week.  Really hope FFG does what Ares did with Wings of glory and decides to sell a small bag of plastic pegs. 

Currently I just glue them back together.  This is the one fault I do find with this game.  The pegs are to fragile with no easy source for replacements.

There are replacement pegs available, but not from FFG. I know Litko sells stands and pegs for X-Wing. You could also go the brass rod route that Rodent does.

i just emailed FFG, they replace stuff it is breaks or get lost or is missing in the first place.

Which is nice except it is a hassle every time it happens since they are so delicate. I have broke 4 so far or 8 since they had to be glued.

Nope haven't had any issues at all since I replaced them all with brass rod....

This seems like a great idea where can you get this and what size would I need to find Thanks

Just had a look at the Litko ones...http://www.litko.net/products/2-inch-Flight-Pegs-%2810-pack%29.html#.Umg0GGRDv0l

$1.99 for a pack of ten, not bad at all....but $9.96 shipping to the UK :(

They've got some of pretty useful spare parts and accessories for X-Wing available, but also some low ratings and negative reviews on some of those products.

Just had a look at the Litko ones...http://www.litko.net/products/2-inch-Flight-Pegs-(10-pack).html#.Umg0GGRDv0l

$1.99 for a pack of ten, not bad at all....but $9.96 shipping to the UK :(

They've got some of pretty useful spare parts and accessories for X-Wing available, but also some low ratings and negative reviews on some of those products.

FYI, these are not the same as the FFG pegs and will not insert into the ships or FFG pegs.

They do sell stands that will work with these pegs, but requires an adapter to fit on the ship. Litko does the same for Wings of Glory.

If you look close at the picture you can see the adapters.

http://www.litko.net/products/Space-Fighter%2C-Deluxe-Flight-Stand.html

Anyone ordering these pegs from Litko will be very disappointed if they do not get the Litko stands and adapters.

Edited by afilter

This seems like a great idea where can you get this and what size would I need to find Thanks

I'm using 3mm brass tubing, and a thinner rod that slides into it.. Then magnets in the base and in the fighter It's quite a major mod, have a look at my Hobby blog for more details

Base-Mk2-1.jpg

I'm now doing a Mk3, that has a 3mm magnet stuck onto the rod where it meets the base as that gives a much more secure fit.

http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/89553-some-photos-of-stuff-you-know-slave-1-interceptors/page-5#entry873164

I should really do a step by step guide when I do my next batch of them.

Edited by Rodent Mastermind

I'm using 3mm brass tubing, and a thinner rod that slides into it.. Then magnets in the base and in the fighter It's quite a major mod, have a look at my Hobby blog for more details

Base-Mk2-1.jpg

I'm now doing a Mk3, that has a 3mm magnet stuck onto the rod where it meets the base as that gives a much more secure fit.

http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/89553-some-photos-of-stuff-you-know-slave-1-interceptors/page-5#entry873164

I should really do a step by step guide when I do my next batch of them.

Blatantly the way forward I think. A step by step would be great.