Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Decker1613

Hosting

5 posts in this topic

OK so I have a problem, I need an officle answer to this question. Do I have to pay the install cost of a program on a Hardware. ex. If I have Dinosaurus out there and I put Battering Ram from my grip on there, do I have to pay the 5 bits to host it on dino? I had someone say I did, but that makes no sense to me because of personal workshop or on the Corp side with Awakening Center. Thank you for the input.

You are still installing the program, so of course you need to pay its install cost. You are just choosing to host it on Dinosaurus as part of the install action. (For more info on hosting, read the relevant section in the rulebook).

Personal Workshop has a paid ability that let's you put a card on there, so that's a completely different case (also, a card put on PW doesn't count as installed). Can't really compare it with the corp side (e.g. Awakening Center) because the corp never pays an install cost (except for ice beyond the first one on a server), only rez costs.

Edited by Saturnine

You are still installing the program, so of course you need to pay its install cost. You are just choosing to host it on Dinosaurus as part of the install action. (For more info on hosting, read the relevant section in the rulebook).

Personal Workshop has a paid ability that let's you put a card on there, so that's a completely different case (also, a card put on PW doesn't count as installed). Can't really compare it with the corp side (e.g. Awakening Center) because the corp never pays an install cost (except for ice beyond the first one on a server), only rez costs.

For better information on hosting, read the relevant section in the FAQ.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=207&esem=4

OK so I have a problem, I need an officle answer to this question.

Then you would need to submit a rules question to the developers (found at the bottom of this page).

Then you would need to submit a rules question to the developers (found at the bottom of this page).

Or just read the rulebook.