Sign in to follow this  
ZombieHedgehog

Smugglers Alliance/Convoy - More YT-1300 Customs

I wanna know how he is getting all that detail on that plastic.. it's incredible, and awesome..

Paitience and really tiny cuts. I tend to cut off a small rectangle of thin plasticard then cut lots of very thin rectangles, I tend to cut these about the same length then cut to fit the space that I want to put it. I don't plan anything out and just go with what I like I'll throw in some different shapes just to break up the space, it takes some time but im speeding up again now I've got back in to this.

I tend to cut off a small rectangle of thin plasticard then cut lots of very thin rectangles, I tend to cut these about the same length then cut to fit the space that I want to put it.

All I tend to cut off is my own fingers, so.... muchos kudos to you kind sir!

Thats crazy man... I may have to see if I can do some of that on the Solar Flare... (I need a new name for that lol) not to belittle your accomplishment here, but I may be able to get some details on the back end where I'll have lots of plasticard over the engines I'll have to build. I was thinking of using the engines from an estees episode one droid control ship.. lol.. it has 3 engines at the back, but I think I wanna try building 4 engines so inhave 2 on either side of the ship.

4 engines sounds cool do you think you will have to cut out the back of the ship?

I've been having a look for some otherships for my smugglers alliance and have found some that I woud definitely be interested in building.

photo1_zps76d5d8ca.jpg

photo2_zpsa83610a7.jpg

photo3_zpsd4b6c091.jpg

im probably tempted to have a go at the HWK conversion as it is only slightly different to the stock model. I'm not overly fussed about teh HWK for competitive play but I think another would be pretty cool for my fleet of smulgglers.

The other ships look like they will be good projects for scratch build and arequite different to the others ships I have already built.

I only have a 1x YT-1300, YT-2400 the customYT-1200 aswell as 2x HWKsfor my fleet at the moment so I'd like to add another YT-1300 at some point, maybe something similar to the Oota Goota or the YT-1930.

Haha.. the Barloz is one of my faves, used it in a RPG years ago.. ( the middle picture there )

YT 1760 is a pretty cool one too...

I did cut the top of the back off, I may try to light it so I need to add pieces on the inside to support the cover and get some magnets on it.. I am going to mak a paneled back cover then mount the engines, I think. Then I can add the engine cover and then hopefully it won't be too heavy as I magnetized the mount for this ship I'm now remodeling.. lol I'm just hoping it looks decent when I'm done, and I won't be embarrassed to put it on a table to game.. lol

Edited by oneway

4 engines sounds cool do you think you will have to cut out the back of the ship?

I've been having a look for some otherships for my smugglers alliance and have found some that I woud definitely be interested in building.

photo2_zpsa83610a7.jpg

photo1_zps76d5d8ca.jpg

im probably tempted to have a go at the HWK conversion as it is only slightly different to the stock model. I'm not overly fussed about teh HWK for competitive play but I think another would be pretty cool for my fleet of smulgglers.

The other ships look like they will be good projects for scratch build and arequite different to the others ships I have already built.

I only have a 1x YT-1300, YT-2400 the customYT-1200 aswell as 2x HWKsfor my fleet at the moment so I'd like to add another YT-1300 at some point, maybe something similar to the Oota Goota or the YT-1930.

I vote for these two, in this order.  

Here's a crazy idea: complete interior for it! :D

Actually, I'd totally do that, following this floorplan:

Marincic_Outrider.gif

But in all seriousness, I would find more references. You really can't have too many references when scratchbuilding, and it will make a lot of decisions easier for you. 

Where does the crew sleep?

In the section with the table and four chairs I think. Those things on the wall look an awful lot like beds with a curtain divider.

Oh I thought those were cupboards/closets/some kind of storage spaces.

I've been having a look for some otherships for my smugglers alliance and have found some that I woud definitely be interested in building.photo2_zpsa83610a7.jpg

photo1_zps76d5d8ca.jpg

I vote for these two, in this order.

I we thinking along similar lines, I just need to get the oota Goota finished and I'd like to finish off the YT-2400, there was also an ebon hawk scratch build kicking about a while ago, this is something else I may start at some point. It's a shame I've been so busy recently, I've really enjoyed building the oota Goota so I play on trying to get a few more customs built.

One day I will complete my smugglers alliance fleet.

That's brilliant!

I really enjoy the smuggler/bounty hunter lore in the Star Wars universe. I've always liked the underworld aspect of it much more than the Force aspect, with all respect.

I am hoping for a YT-2400 (Outrider) and Aggressor assault fighter (IG-2000) and then some to feed my underworld fix, heh.

Cheers.

How's the Action coming on!

Unfortunately it's not, however viceroy bold a has been bulding one which is very nice.

I have been concentrating on trying to finish the oota Goota commission but work and life keep getting in my way. My next projects may include a custom recon x-wing, the ravens claw and a ghotric 720, I'm looking forward to tackling these projects as they will be quite different to ships I have already built.

I've got to say it's always surprising to see this thread on the front screen when I haven't posted for a while, it's really cool to see people are still having a look at these ships and it great to see some new comments.

Hopefully there will be more progress this weekend as I think I should should start to have some free time!

Managed to work on another custom HWK-290. This will be a similar to my other HWK but will have engines on the wings:some photos of progress:

photo1_zps61c2429a.jpg

photo2_zpsab839ff9.jpg

photo3_zps00544727.jpg

photo4_zps6acde84b.jpg

Not the best photos, struggling with light since my daylight bulb. Managed to get a lot of time this weekend to work on this figure. Hoping to take some more photos as I've added some detail to the wings and engines.

Edited by ZombieHedgehog