Sign in to follow this  
ZombieHedgehog

Smugglers Alliance/Convoy - More YT-1300 Customs

I'm sorry if you already mentioned this, but what material do you work with?  Your panel work is great!  These are all great!  I can't wait to see the fleet assembled.  Could you post something of the fleet as it is?

Hi everyone, I'm so sorry I haven't replied for a while, my wife and I welcomed our first child to our family on the 29th of April so we have been quite busy during the build up and over the last few months.

I have found a little time to work on the YT-1000 to get back in to things, I have tweeted a couple of progress pictures but will hopefully be able to post a few photos on here in the next few days.

As we're getting in to a good routine now I'm hoping to be able to get back in to working on customs as well as posting on the forum. I will get back to everyone who has contacted me over the next week again, I apologise for the delay.

I'm really looking forward to working on more ships, especially with the new releases that have been announced!

Here are a couple of photos for an update on the YT-1000

FullSizeRender_zpsf956fb41.jpg

FullSizeRender_zps487f3da8.jpg

The majority of the work has been completed on the underside of the ship. I just need to get a little more panel work done. Once panels have been finished I should be able to start on the cockpit, I'm hoping that it won't be long until I can finish the whole ship and start to get it painted, I just hope I can do a good enough job with the paint.

I'm still not 100% decided if I'm going to keep this ship or not so this could end up on eBay soon. Once I get things up and running properly I will be looking at casting scratch builds again, fortunately someone I know from a gaming club I go to has access to some good casting equipment do I believe it's a good chance I will be able to put together some quality copies of any scratch builds.

Thanks everyone for your patience, hoping to be able to post some more updates soon!

Hi, ZombieHedgeHog,

You've got some phenomenal work.  Are you still open to take commissions?

I'm hoping to be able to start working on commissions again soon, if you haven't already, please send me a PM or email with any details of a ship you would be interested in and I will try to respond as soon as possible.

I'm sorry if you already mentioned this, but what material do you work with?  Your panel work is great!  These are all great!  I can't wait to see the fleet assembled.  Could you post something of the fleet as it is?

Thanks for your comment. I work with plasticard and foam board mainly. I use evergreen products which are really good and help when using their tubing for engines etc. I tend to build items from scratch but I do intend to start looking to borrow parts from various kits as I've seen others do, this should make some work a lot easier.

Unfortunately as I have sold quite a lot of the ships I have built I'm unable to take a group shot of everything, however I wil have a look in to putting together a shot of everything i have kept.

Hey Hedgehog, your work is AMAZING. I really thought that it has to be magic because I never worked with plasticard before. When only seeing the painted models I thought how is this possible. I was trying to find some good tutorials on plasticard, but they only work with big-sized stuff. Could you link or do a tutorial or a few pictures on how you cut all those super tiny details for the engine section for example and how you apply them to the ship (they have glue on them so I would end up having them stick on my tweezer.

Wow, I didn't know it had been that long. Life has definitely happened. I became a dad 15 months ago and my daughter keeps be busy most of my spare time, I seem to have a lot less energy than I used to pre fatherhood! I do miss the custom ships but I have a couple of things I'm working on. There's a photo of a part painted YT-1000 on my Twitter, I will try to get some updates on here soon.

I've got to say how amazing it is the custom community has grown on these forums and having a dedicated sub forum is amazing. I'm sure that I'll get back in to things, hopefully sooner rather than later.

I'm going to have another look through this thread now and will hopefully have some updates soon!

k i have to ask.

For the gaps between plating are you just gouging out a thick piece or are you literally adding thin plasticard bits?

ive always struggled with plasticard because adding the detail that isnt near the edges always threw me off.