Sign in to follow this  
Wookie Hunter

Applied Perspective Tokens and Templates

Yes actually. I live just across the river in Wisconsin, spent 16 years working in the Metro, and have been to the FFG event center a couple times now.

But there's a LGS about 20 minutes from my place so I spend more time there. the FFG center is about an hour away.

Locals and I bought a few sets of movement and range templates.  Mirrored blue, red and grey are great.  I am very happy with transparent orange, though I wish I had painted the indents before removing the paper.  I was not too happy with the transparent green and red though.  They are very dark and just look black when laying on the star mat.  The fluorescent green and orange really stand out on the black mats.  Very hard to lose those.

Good to know.  Can you put up a pic of the mirrored blue and red?  please please please

Sorry for the bump but I'm thinking about ordering the AP templates as well and I'd appreciate some pics as well.  Thanks!

I've been looking into the Applied Perspective movement templates. Saw a lot of them at worlds the only thing holding me back is the text, turn symbols and the dashes on the straights . Looking into getting a quote from AP for a custom set, I know I'm horribly nitpicky, but I like the style of the covenant and litko ones but I really don't want someone else's logo or brand name etched into them as well.

It is an extra $5 for custom stuff. I have my straights without the lines since that was the only thing holding me back. Get your name or initials engraved on them if you want to while getting a "custom" set. I wish I had though no one else uses the templates that I use. 

As long as we're on the subject of 3rd party tokens, I absolutely love the new Litko target locks - the Target Locks from AP are one of my least favorite of their designs, although WH seems happy with them. Litko recently came out with a line of upright tokens on little bases - some of them are terrific, some are cool but not really necessary, but the target locks are brilliant, IMO, and look fantastic on the table.

Okay those look cool.

I have to admit, I like the idea of acrylic tokens and movement templates but the other ones I saw on this forum didn't really look that cool.

Post the link for this.

Edited by Hrathen

Good to know.  Can you put up a pic of the mirrored blue and red?  please please please

Sorry for the bump but I'm thinking about ordering the AP templates as well and I'd appreciate some pics as well.  Thanks!

I ordered a custom set of mirrored blue and red, they are currently in the mail. Expected delivery date was yesterday, so hopefully they will arrive tomorrow. I'll post some pictures when I get them.

I didn't see the custom option... So I ordered from litko, I'm really happy with my litko tokens and templates, but the mirror green from ap looks sweet

You have to email the guy directly and tell him what you want on the templates. 

After he's done cutting my set?  ;)

Soon he said on Facebook.  He's prepping some stock.  There is a big Warhammer 40k tourney here this weekend, with a side XWing event.  I know he's going to be there and have some new stock.

I am actually liking mine from the first wave better.  Will those still be available for purchase hexis?

I would think so, I have never seen Adam remove his designs. I need to get him to cut me a new range template. I had his original prototype and it broke when I went to Worlds because I had it in my pocket and ran by a chair and it got stuck and snapped. 

It's because they are orange WookieHunter.  There's no way you couldn't just love my redesigns, right?   ;)

Ultimately it's up to Adam what he wants to offer, I am just helping with some art.  But it's not like he's tossing the files away to laser engrave the other designs.  It's no more difficult to cut one from the other.  I also have a bunch of the old design used since I'm replacing all of it with new stuff.  I'll sell it at a discount.

http://warsen.al/

warsenal makes really nice templates.  I am going to pick up theirs for xwing I use their stuff for Infinity and it is top notch.  Also their customer service is pretty amazing.   When I demoed infinity at a con they hooked me up with lots of freebies to give out, really a stellar group of guys.

Oh and it looks like they got their bases in for x wing! sweet, Ill post pictures when I get my goodies.

Edited by zreef

Ultimately it's up to Adam what he wants to offer, I am just helping with some art.  But it's not like he's tossing the files away to laser engrave the other designs.  It's no more difficult to cut one from the other.

I love the look of these new designs. Any idea if Adam will be putting them up for sale. Would you be able to up up another picture with a clearer look at each of the new designs?