Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Djenni

Voice of Isengard delayed to 2014

29 posts in this topic

On the upcoming page, VOI has been delayed until Q1 2014.  :(

But there's also a release date for Morgul Vale: November 14th. :)

Edited by Djenni

to be honest, on this occation I hadn't think it would happen, cause it was supposed to be released on christmass time, like a present  :(

On the upcoming page, VOI has been delayed until Q1 2014.  :(

But there's also a release date for Morgul Vale: November 14th. :)

Nobody saw that coming.........

same happened to Khazad Dum and the Sagas weren´t on time also. Just get used to it.

At least it leaves some time between releases to play with your cards.

Joining in in all the clamour and lamentation! Well - I still haven't played much of Heirs of Númenor or Against the Shadow, so I think I'll be fine for a while longer.

It's a bummer, true. But to be frank I already suspected this when they anounced it the first time since there were still two Numenor APs to be released. After BoG release article was out just last week I was already pretty sure we won't see this expansion this year. Well, yeah, I still didn't pick up all the other packs yet so I am not too unhappy...although I am really looking forward to this one and plan to pick it up day one. :P

Well, at least they're getting better at letting us know the release dates for expansions. I especially appreciate the exact date of release they've been doing. That helps my LOTR:LCG-focused anxiety disorder stay in check...

Yeah, that does kind of suck. But I don't think It'll be that big of a delay, I would hope. So what if we skip a month if we can still finish up the Against the Shadow Cycle! 

And honestly, come Q1 2014, we will have all forgotten about this delay...

Yeah, that does kind of suck. But I don't think It'll be that big of a delay, I would hope. So what if we skip a month if we can still finish up the Against the Shadow Cycle! 

And honestly, come Q1 2014, we will have all forgotten about this delay...

Unless they mean last week of March.... hopefully not.

So I've been musing on WHY Voice of Isengard might be delayed and basically everything comes down to either production or design.  Under production I see two possibilities:  1)  They literally can't get enough production time from their supplier because of some other games that are coming out.  2)  They can't get all of the art work done in time due to their large art needs.

Or design... This is where it gets interesting.  Since the Doomed player cards were spoiled I've been worried about the mechanic.  For one thing, I've been using Strider all through the Gondor cycle and thought I would be moving on to a new hero for Rohan, but with that mechanic Strider becomes SO powerful it's crazy.  Everybody will want him on game night.  (And with the ruling that his ability can be used once for each player in the game it borders on game breaking.)  So that's kind of where I think the issue really lies.  I've a feeling that they found something in play testing that they felt they needed to address and so had to delay the release.

Obviously this is all pure speculation, but we have plenty of time to do it.

So I've been musing on WHY Voice of Isengard might be delayed and basically everything comes down to either production or design.  Under production I see two possibilities:  1)  They literally can't get enough production time from their supplier because of some other games that are coming out.  2)  They can't get all of the art work done in time due to their large art needs.

Or design... This is where it gets interesting.  Since the Doomed player cards were spoiled I've been worried about the mechanic.  For one thing, I've been using Strider all through the Gondor cycle and thought I would be moving on to a new hero for Rohan, but with that mechanic Strider becomes SO powerful it's crazy.  Everybody will want him on game night.  (And with the ruling that his ability can be used once for each player in the game it borders on game breaking.)  So that's kind of where I think the issue really lies.  I've a feeling that they found something in play testing that they felt they needed to address and so had to delay the release.

Obviously this is all pure speculation, but we have plenty of time to do it.

Strider as a Spirit Glorifindel was broken from the begin. I was pretty sure one day errata will come for them. With new cycle Strider become crazy powerful. We will get errata for him or something. 

That is indeed bad news. I hope Stone of Erech fills the void, but the delays we've had with this game this year don't inspire me.

"I like not this news - bring me some other news!"

if it is delayed because of a found fault then i see this as good news- better to change them now instead of errata

rich