Sign in to follow this  
Laserschwert

YT-2000 "Otana"

Just for the sakes of it I'd like to show my YT-2000 which I've modeled in 3ds max, had Shapeways print in Frosted Ultra Detail and painted with acrylics. Now I'm pretty sure "Frosted Detail" (without the "Ultra") would have been enough, as you can even see "detail" like the polygon subdivisions around the cockpit tube. Ah well, live and learn - better than having it printed with too little detail. (More photos can be found HERE)... and is it allowed to share custom 3D models on here?

zzic.jpg
y762.jpg
h4lz.jpg
5hmh.jpg

zbdg.jpg ognt.jpg xpz9.jpg

Edited by Laserschwert

Gorgeous model.  I'm holding out hope that we'll see an official YT-2000, but I expect that Dash's YT-2400 will be what we get instead (bleargh), and that will pretty much finish off the YT line.

A few comments on your Ace card:

- PS 9 is way too high.  Maarek (star of TIE Fighter) gets a 7, and I'd think Ace should be lower than him.  5 or 6, probably.

- The wording on the ability isn't consistent with the rules.  Take a look at Sensor Jammer, and follow that pattern.  Perfectly viable ability, just needs to be reworded to make sense.

I guess you're right... I've changed the cards in the first post.

Actually I did consider doing the YT-2400 first, but I thought it was more likely to be one of the officially released ships (as I assumed SotE is somewhat closer to the OT canon than the EU video games). Of course now with the Moldy Crow being released (which I wouldn't have thought at all!), I'm not so sure anymore.

It cost around $90 to print it in "Frosted Ultra Detail"... ouch. In "Frosted Detail" it would've cost $65, so that might be an option if anyone wants it. Again, I don't know if FFG likes 3D models being shared on here, though I've seen some other Shapeways models discussed on the forums.

Edited by Laserschwert

I want this model just as a display model. I'd certainly buy a FFG miniature when it's released, but I'd like this one anyway because the YT-2000 is one of my favorite EU designs and because it would be useful as an RPG miniature. :)

Could you possibly separate the cockpit access tube from the hull? If I were to have this printed, I'd want that separate so I could paint the windows on the sides.

Edited by Millennium Falsehood

I like the model but have to agree that the stats are just off.

In the SotG the YT-2000 has as much hull as the Falcon although it has slightly weaker shields.  It is also no more maneuverable although I suspect you are trying to differentiate this from the YT-1300.

Looking at your "cards" I question the value of Ace Azzameen.  What good does turning a [crit] into a [hit] if you've only got two hull points to apply it against?  I mean you've basically got ONE shot to use that ability and when used it will leave you with only one hull point.  Admittedly, there may be some other things it interacts with but as a whole it is useless.

I also think the price you have listed with the Otana upgrade is too high especially as you'd then need to pay for that system as well.

Yeah, the stats are definitely not ideal. I wanted to reflect the description of it being more maneuverable and equipped with better shields and weapons than the average freighter, while still not being as strong as the 1300. Maybe it should be the better ship though?

Looking great man! Btw how do you upload pictures? I can only find add image via an url and I have them saved on laptop....

I've just uploaded them to imageshack.com and pasted the URLs in here via the image tag.

Also, why is a Outer Rim Freighter Pilot, higher PS that an Outer Rim Smuggler. I would have thought the later would be slightly more skilled.

All right, all right.

You guys feel free to post more sensible specs... I'll be happy to update the cards.

For a basic pilot, how about PS1, Att 3, Agil 1, Hull 4, Shields 4 upgrades as you have them minus the EPS 25 pts. Movement dial same as the YT-1300?

On another note, it would be fun to own the model and use it as an Outer Rim Smuggler so as to distinguish it from a YT-1300.

Edited by Englishpete

I've updated the cards in the first post. You may click on them to download full size printable versions.

Also you can download the 3D-model of the Otana (to be printed at Shapeways or some other place) right HERE. Also you're going to need THIS base for it.

Edited by Laserschwert