Sign in to follow this  
Lumberjack Nick

New Custom Pilot & Crew Cards

The Wild Karrde of course.

Indeed! But until we get a playable Action VI, he could be an option for the Falcon, too. He did fly it with Mara Jade as copilot and Luke Skywalker on the quads when Luke and Mara busted him out of the Chimera's detention cells, right out from under Thrawn's azure nose.

And his smuggler faction did have at least some Z-95 headhunters in the inventory.

That would be fun to make a Karrde Falcon card with a Mara Jade crew card. What do you think their abilities would be?

Hrm, well:

Mara Jade- in the Thrawn Trilogy it's her reluctant Force sensitivity that pulls her through in several of the space battles, perhaps some kind of defensive ability, like Skywalker. Turn your blank evades into focus, or a blank evade into a focus? something like that? Reduce the enemy's attack dice?

As for Karrde, he's not really known for the hardcore flying or gunnery like wedge or Fel, some kind of support ability that would aid other ships in the squadron would be apropos. I'll have to give it some thought. will run it by my buddy that gave me the 'fly casual' brainstorm from earlier.

Edited by Gazerfoxie

10pts, barrel roll, boost, 2/2/2/2 ignore stress, a direct hit crit kills removes them immediately from the game?  Wordy but fun!

Why would they have shields? They are cheaper and more expendable than TIE/Ln, they don't have shields.. 10pt, Barrel Roll, Boost, 2/2/2/0, they have 2 less hits so I don't think you need to add the crit thing.... and anyway that is kindof the Die-Wings gimmick.

TIE/D are mass produced fairly reliable ships, not pieced together death traps.

Ugly_TYE-Wing.png

It's coming!!!

How about a x-wing for Obi-Wan.  2 ideas first pilot level 7 card value 26 skill: always gets a free evade.  or second idea again pilot level 7 card value 27 skill Always changes 1 hit to a non-rerollable miss.   both could be linked to his power with the force.  He admits he does not like technology which would explain his pilot skill.  Any ideas.

One of the reasons I picked pilot level 7 was because of him possibly having a skill that would be able to assist other pilots. the pilot skill rating is different in X-Wing than other games I have played. It generally helped your manauvering, offensive rating, and defensive rating. It does not seem to be used as extensively in X-Wing

One of the reasons I picked pilot level 7 was because of him possibly having a skill that would be able to assist other pilots. the pilot skill rating is different in X-Wing than other games I have played. It generally helped your manauvering, offensive rating, and defensive rating. It does not seem to be used as extensively in X-Wing

You would be surprised how good shooting first, moving last can be on some ships..

You would be surprised how good shooting first, moving last can be on some ships..

Yeah. Anyone who thinks PS is low on priority (not saying that you do), don't know this game very well. ex.) By shooting first, you are given the chance at destroying or crippling a ship before it can do the same to you.

Corran might be better with that for sure.  The droid ties sound awesome but making 10 not be too powerful would make them awesome fun.  IG88 looks awesome now.  I could see that for sure.

tumblr_mv3s5qBmlM1sg6vo7o1_r4_400.jpg

How's this? 

You gave him engine upgrades?  NICE touch!  I didn't think of that.  That action bar is perfect for this!  I'm stealing this.  I hope FFG considers this for future waves.

Thanks Lumberjack!

You can get these TIEs on Shapeways for now .. I've seen them there

Corran might be better with that for sure.  The droid ties sound awesome but making 10 not be too powerful would make them awesome fun.  IG88 looks awesome now.  I could see that for sure.

tumblr_mv3s5qBmlM1sg6vo7o1_r4_400.jpg

How's this? 

You gave him engine upgrades?  NICE touch!  I didn't think of that.  That action bar is perfect for this!  I'm stealing this.  I hope FFG considers this for future waves.

Thanks Lumberjack!

You can get these TIEs on Shapeways for now .. I've seen them there

Got one!  Woohoo!

Basically Nick, I think we are mostly agreed on something along the lines of

PS 3

3/3/3/3

(A-Wing or Interceptor Dial, I prefer A-Wing just because it has a high top speed.)

Upgrades: System, Missile, Cannon

Actions: Target Lock, Focus, Barrel Roll, Boost, Evade (I know a lot, but you can only take one a turn)

for around 33pts.

You have the option to getting up to over 50pts if you fully deck one out, but that feels right.

Edited by Rodent Mastermind

PS 3

3/3/3/3

(A-Wing or Interceptor Dial, I prefer A-Wing just because it has a high top speed.)

Actions: Target Lock, Focus, Barrel Roll, Boost, Evade (I know a lot, but you can only take one a turn)

for around 33pts.

You have the option to getting up to over 50pts if you fully deck one out, but that feels right.

PS 3

3/3/3/3

for around 33pts.

Let's not forget the "B.A." EU pilot at skill 9.  LOL.  That made me laugh. 

PS 3

3/3/3/3

for around 33pts.

PS 3

3/3/3/3

for around 33pts.

Let's not forget the "B.A." EU pilot at skill 9.  LOL.  That made me laugh. 

I'm not totally sold on either your double posting, though my words are definitely sage enough to be worth repeating, or the skills on those two pilots, they either involve having to have an upgrade which is not compulsory or need quite a bit of checking of arcs each time the ship is fired apon (remember ships can die lowering the number with sights on him mid-turn).

The one I would love to see on a Pilot is Action: Attach an upgrade this ship has discarded this game. But only on a Pilot that has no EPT, so it would have to be the only Action it could take in a turn. Just think about it.

Edited by Rodent Mastermind