Sign in to follow this  
Lumberjack Nick

New Custom Pilot & Crew Cards

What do you guys think Chewie would have for Lambda shuttle numbers?

"I don't think the Empire had Wookies in mind when they designed her, Chewie."

Hmmmm, maybe a 4.....which is kind of sad. Poor Chewie. I'm surprised that he wasn't at least a 6 or 7 on the Millennium Falcon.

I know!  He literally lives on that ship.  You'd think he would be able to ace the MF.  I guess I could see why Lando had a higher skill than Chewie seeing that he used to own the ship. 

Also, I'm keeping my eyes open for that exact Y-Tie Ugly in 1:270 on Shapeways.  I would buy 3, use them with my firespray as pirates or mercenaries.  My buddies wouldn't care, as long as I let them use them too. 

Edited by Viceroy Bolda

tumblr_mv3s5qBmlM1sg6vo7o1_r5_400.jpg

One question,   Since you will never get a stress token, I assue you will always have an action unless you bump or overlap a ship or Asteriod, corret?      For 10 point to never lose you action, and never have to fly a green manuever, is a huge advantage.

Edited by eagletsi111

It only gets maneuver actions. It would never be able to have actions which allow them to re-roll or manipulate dice. Focus, evade, and TL are a significant loss. Plus it has less agility and hull than a standard tie. Easy to kill, they are.

Hmmmm, maybe a 4.....which is kind of sad. Poor Chewie. I'm surprised that he wasn't at least a 6 or 7 on the Millennium Falcon.

I know!  He literally lives on that ship.  You'd think he would be able to ace the MF.  I guess I could see why Lando had a higher skill than Chewie seeing that he used to own the ship. 

Also, I'm keeping my eyes open for that exact Y-Tie Ugly in 1:270 on Shapeways.  I would buy 3, use them with my firespray as pirates or mercenaries.  My buddies wouldn't care, as long as I let them use them too. 

Yes, Chewie does practically live on the Falcon, but he's primarily the engineer. If we were to do Chewie piloting the Lambda, should we then have a Shuttle Tyderium (sp?) title card? With a disguise effect of some sort?

That is exactly what it is, they are made from scrap parts by pirates, they are notoriously rubbish and death traps.

This was the dial I made for them, as the original designer never posted one.

Die-Wing.jpg

The reason behind it was the Die-Wing, has 2 powerful engines designed for a heavy chasis attached to an extremely light TIE Chasis.. So it would put out far more power than the ship really needs, meaning it can't do tight turns and only recovers from stress if going fast straight forward.

I want to make 6 of them I think, The plan is to sculpt the engine from scratch in 8 or 9 pieces that can be cast easily, then assemble them... It's a long term project.

To go with my Z-Ceptor

zCept-WIP3.jpg

Z-CeptCardSmall.jpg

which runs with a TIE Bomber dial.

[Note I remade up the card template with a version background which is a mix of the Rebel and Imperial layout, with rust added, as is fitting of Uglies]

That's pretty sweet. Love the rust on the card as well. That Z 'Ceptor is something else. Lol. It's like a mix of almost every ship from the OT.

Yes, Chewie does practically live on the Falcon, but he's primarily the engineer. If we were to do Chewie piloting the Lambda, should we then have a Shuttle Tyderium (sp?) title card? With a disguise effect of some sort?

Yep! Most definitely. 

The ship should be Rebel, have an OK PS, but have the downside it can't shoot the enemy until fired upon, as it does not want to break it's cover... make it cheaper because that is a really bad downside.

Also, I'm keeping my eyes open for that exact Y-Tie Ugly in 1:270 on Shapeways. I would buy 3, use them with my firespray as pirates or mercenaries. My buddies wouldn't care, as long as I let them use them too.

I don't like Y-Ties that much, they don't make a lot of sense, they say on the Wikipedia that they combine the firepower of the Y-Wing with the speed an maneuverability of a Tie.. but you are putting the engines designed for a extremely light ship onto one of the heaviest ships out there. It should be more ponderous than a Y-Wing.

I made some suggestions of stats for it. I feel it should be slow and ponderous, but because it's a heavy platform the pirates should use it to mount heavier ordinance. SO it is a slow gunboat.

The way I made it unique was to give it a 180 forward arc on all it's attacks including secondary, and allow it to mount secondary weapons. Give it hull and shields just under the Y-Wing. It would make it fairly unique while keeping the feel of being a bit shoddy and pieced together. So it's dial should be half way between a Lambda and a Y-Wing, no K-Turns but allow it a stationary maneuver.

Edited by Rodent Mastermind

Rodent - For the reasons you listed, I love the tye-wing (die-wing).  "what a piece of junk." 

It would be a cheap rebel swarm ship.  It would be perfect to send a pair of them behind enemy forces to confuse the player, stress them out, and draw fire.  If they get killed in the process, okay.  Right now I use a-wings to do that.  The rebels put guns on cruise ships and sent them off to war.  They used anything and everything. 

"You came here in that?  You're braver than I thought."

I don't like Y-Ties that much, they don't make a lot of sense, they say on the Wikipedia that they combine the firepower of the Y-Wing with the speed an maneuverability of a Tie.. 

Hmmm, that seems to be a bit backwards if that's what they were going for. It should have the body of a Y-Wing, and the engines of a TIE if that's the case.

I don't like Y-Ties that much, they don't make a lot of sense, they say on the Wikipedia that they combine the firepower of the Y-Wing with the speed an maneuverability of a Tie.. 

Hmmm, that seems to be a bit backwards if that's what they were going for. It should have the body of a Y-Wing, and the engines of a TIE if that's the case.

They do have TIE engines, apperently,, but you only ever see the wings on pictures.. maybe that is because the person that made them up are dumb dumb dumb and think the wings are the engines.. The TIE engines are tiny, so my guess is they are attached to the back of the Y-Wing hull. Otherwise it would just be a Y-Wing chassis with radiators on, and that would not really move anywhere.

New C-3PO card based off of one I saw on another forum.

Thoughts?

tumblr_mva9yvReBn1sg6vo7o1_250.jpg

I've never liked that version, it just feels like an excuse to Regen shields on the Falcon. which is fairly broken. I much prefer the versions I've seen where you gain stress to ignore the effect of an asteroid once per game for 1 point.

C-3PO Sir, the possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid field is approximately 3,720 to 1.

Han Solo Never tell me the odds.

Edited by Rodent Mastermind

New C-3PO card based off of one I saw on another forum.

Thoughts?

tumblr_mva9yvReBn1sg6vo7o1_250.jpg

I've never liked that version, it just feels like an excuse to Regen shields on the Falcon. which is fairly broken. I much prefer the versions I've seen where you gain stress to ignore the effect of an asteroid once per game for 1 point.

C-3PO Sir, the possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid field is approximately 3,720 to 1.

Han Solo Never tell me the odds.

Good point. I never really liked it either. But for some reason I woke up with morning thinking it was a good idea.

What about a R2 crew card? What do you think that would be like? 

Edited by Lumberjack Nick

That model of ugly is out there.  I've never liked that one because... wth?  Where are the engines?!  The model proposed in the pilot card here should, in theory, be faster than a tie and y and have the same firepower as either one (2 attack).  Similarly, there should be no mech slot, no weapons upgrades, and no TL.  What about barrel roll? 

Because this was a heavily modified ship, I wonder if weapons upgrades might be optional with a higher pilot skill?

Pilot upgrades might be interesting to see. 

That model of ugly is out there.  I've never liked that one because... wth?  Where are the engines?!  The model proposed in the pilot card here should, in theory, be faster than a tie and y and have the same firepower as either one (2 attack).  Similarly, there should be no mech slot, no weapons upgrades, and no TL.  What about barrel roll? 

Because this was a heavily modified ship, I wonder if weapons upgrades might be optional with a higher pilot skill?

Which pilot card.. Is there a Y-Tie card here?

10pts, barrel roll, boost, 2/2/2/2 ignore stress, a direct hit crit kills removes them immediately from the game?  Wordy but fun!

Why would they have shields? They are cheaper and more expendable than TIE/Ln, they don't have shields.. 10pt, Barrel Roll, Boost, 2/2/2/0, they have 2 less hits so I don't think you need to add the crit thing.... and anyway that is kindof the Die-Wings gimmick.

TIE/D are mass produced fairly reliable ships, not pieced together death traps.

Ugly_TYE-Wing.png

Rodent: This one.

That's what confused me, everything you say there are already on the card, and the discussion was currently about the Y-Tie not the Tie-Wing. Which was the one with Tie Wings on a Y-Wing body. I think you might have got the two confused. Which to be honest is very easy.

Star%20Wars%20-%20D6%20-%20Starships%20S

on upgrades this was a suggestion I made for Uglies over on a Few Maneuvers

I've been thinking for a while about a series of modifications for Pirate fleets. The idea is they are all unique (so you can never have more than one in a fleet, to keep that put together with what ever is at hand feel), dirt cheap and a lot of them come with downsides..

examples would be.

• After Burners (0) : When you reveal your dial, you may increase the speed of your maneuver, discard this card and gain a stress token in addition to any stress tokens the new maneuver would give you.
  • Missile Tubes (0) : Lower your ships Attack value by 1. This ship may attach up to 2 missile or torpedo upgrades
  • Underslung Bomb (0) : Lower this ships Agility value by 1. This ship may attach a bomb upgrade. Discard this card when the bomb is deployed.
  • Flares (1) : gain 2 additional Evade dice when defending against a Torpedo or Missile Attack. Discard this card on use.
  • Ablative Plating (1) : gain 1 additional hull. If a speed 4 or 5 maneuver is revealed it becomes red.
  • Salvaged Shields (3) : Add 1 to the Ship's Shield Value; [Critical] results bypass all shields on a ship with this card